These are the skills we work on in our Super Baby Class. Remember, that if your child has not been swimming during this isolation period, please adjust your initial expectations and start slowly as some regression might have occurred. Once we return to our swimming lessons, your child might also experience some separation anxiety as they have been home with you 24/7 for quite some time. We will all be patient as we work through this transition time and we are sure that your child will get back on their normal path to progression soon.
Because of this, we are requiring that all children under 36 months start in a group Parent and Me class or a private class (if they have been in Super Baby or Water Bugs Program), to make sure they feel comfortable, happy and relaxed. Thank you for trusting us to make your child safer in, on and around the water! We can't wait to swim and have FUN with our swimmers again soon!
Super Baby Skills
- Moving independently through the water with eyes under for 3 feet
- Independent back floating to count of 4 (Starfish)
- Independent roll from back float to front
- Independent roll from front float to back for a breath (Rollover)
- Swimming 12 feet with unassisted rollover breath. *To advance to the next level the swimmer MUST be able to get a breath independently (preferably by rollover)*
- Jumping in and returning to the wall unassisted
- Climbing out of the pool
- Kicking skills with boat mat on front
- Exploring balance and buoyancy with underwater swimming skills: Scuba Drops, swimming through Hula-hoops, and retrieving objects from foot or bottom of the pool
- Comfortable swimming to and from the wall
- Swimmer must be 30 months old to level up to Super Water Bug
- Safety skills and information