After an eloquent and impassioned speech by Jordan Schnitzer to the IREM Forecast Breakfast last December, the Revitalize Portland Coalition was formed by our local real estate associations to support public policies and collaborative efforts to address the challenges of public safety, homelessness, livability, and economic vitality.
The Coalition includes representatives from the following organizations:
· NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
· IREM – Institute of Real Estate Management
· BOMA – Building Owners and Managers Association
· CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member
· CAB – Commercial Association of Brokers
· SIOR – Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
· MFNW – Multi-Family Northwest
As a commitment to our efforts, the Revitalize Portland Coalition has hired Executive Director, Erik Cole, to lead the alliance effort and formally organize our Board of Directors. Erik is the founding director of the Design Studio for Community Solutions at Arizona State University and previously held elected and administrative roles with the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County. He has been elected twice to the Metro Council of Nashville and served on the mayor’s senior leadership team as the city’s first Chief Resilience Officer. We are excited to engage Erik’s passion and extensive knowledge as we navigate the forthcoming discussions with elected officials.
In addition, Maria Smithson, a Principal with Gallatin Public Affairs who has been instrumental in creating the impactful People for Portland platform has been heavily involved with Revitalize Portland Coalition.
We’ve set up a splash webpage www.revitalizeportland.com and are set up with a Linkedin and Facebook page as well, which we kindly ask that you follow.
If you’d like to participate in a Coalition Zoom call, which typically occur on Mondays at 1:30pm, please send an email to email@example.com and she can get you lined up with an invite.
If you’d like to join a committee, please reach out the following committee chairs:
· Homelessness Committee Chair – Thomas Ped – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Communications & Public Image Chair – Evan Bernstein – email@example.com
· Housing & Economy Chair – Deborah Imse – firstname.lastname@example.org