Here are some things to keep in mind as you get ready for the Sweathouse Half Marathon on Saturday, May 11th.
Packet Pick Up: Saturday, May 11 from 7:15 to 8:15 AM at Victor Park (race start)
- Packet Pickup will end promptly at 8:15 AM on race morning. We will not be able to provide you a bib number after 8:15 AM.
- We need the time between 8:15 AM and 8:30 AM to get all of your data entered into the system for accurate race timing and results.
- And, we want to give you plenty of time to warm up and make it through the bathroom line before race start.
- Do you have friends or family who still need to register for the race this weekend?
- Available during packet pickup on Saturday
- Avoid the processing fee and bring cash or check for payment
- Available online through race day via RunSignUp - HERE
- Technical Short Sleeve Shirt - receive at packet pickup
- Shirt exchange will be available after the race, subject to availability
- Finisher's Medal - receive at finish line
Race Start Time: 8:30 AM
- Course Time Limit: 3 hours 30 minutes (16 minutes per mile)
- The course will close at 12:00 PM
- The course is OPEN to traffic! Race participants must always be aware of traffic and yield to cars unwilling to stop for runners. While there will be numerous volunteers and lots of signage all over the course, runners must still be cautious at intersections. Please listen to the course monitor's instruction!
- There are three (3) on-course aid stations: mile 4, mile 7, and mile 10.5
Cupless Event: Aid stations and the start/finish area will not have disposable cups. As a participant, you will receive a Hydrapak Speedcup as part of your registration to be used during the event (if you choose). You can carry a hand-held water bottle or hydration pack if you would prefer. Plenty of water and sports drink will be available from which you can fill your cup or hydration device. Thank you for helping us reduce waste at our events!
- Start line temps are expected to be in the mid 40s, with temps reaching the mid 60s around 11:00 AM (2.5 hours after race start)
- The National Weather Service forecast can be found HERE
- Please remember, this race takes place in Montana in May. What does that mean? You never know what kind of weather we're going to have or what the weather will decide to drop on the trails as it passes through (rain, sleet, wind, etc.). Be prepared for potholes, uneven surfaces, and loose sand and gravel.
- Not sure how to dress? Check out Runner's World for their recommendations on how to dress for any condition
- Carpooling is always encouraged!
- Parking is available throughout downtown Victor near the park
- Porta-Potties will be available near the start line at Victor Park
- Porta-Potties will also be available at the second aid station (mile 7)
- Please allow enough time to get through the line before the race starts
Dogs & Strollers:
- As with all Run Wild Missoula races, dogs are not permitted in this event
- Strollers are welcome; but, we do ask that you start near the back of the pack and be especially cautious when maneuvering around fellow runners and walkers. Please take weather and road conditions into consideration when deciding whether or not to bring your stroller to this event.
- Awards for Top Three Overall Males & Females
- Awards for Top One in each Age Group
- Age Groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Don’t forget to share your race day photos on social media!
- Use the hashtag #SweathouseHalfMarathon and tag @runwildmissoula
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow in Victor!