Hello Rostered Ministers & Ministry Leaders!
Registration for Voting Members is now open!
- Each congregation is asked to register their voting members as a group.
- Registration will close on March 31.
- NO registrations will be accepted after that!
Find instructions and the registration link below:
Who is a Voting Member?
- Rostered Ministers under call
- Retired Rostered Ministers
- Elected Lay Voting Members from your congregation or mission start
What about Visitors?
Visitors need not register, all will be welcome to watch the live stream of the assembly.
Look for more information about this closer to the meeting date.
Are you a Rostered Minister not serving a in a congregation or mission start?
For those Rostered Ministers who are retired or serving in a specialized ministry setting, please skip to step 3 and use the same link for registering yourself individually.
Here are the simple steps for you to follow to register and pay:
STEP ONE: Identify Lay Voting Members to attend the assembly
- Hopefully, your congregation has already elected lay voting members to attend the May 15, 2021 online Synod Assembly. If not, please tend to that ASAP.
- Please be mindful as you identify folks to send, that EACH voting member will need their own separate email address AND computer to participate in the Zoom meeting and electronic voting platform that we will use to conduct our business this year. (Thank you in advance to congregations who may need to provide equipment and/or assistance for those members who may need it!)
Need to know the number of lay voting members you may send this year? Look HERE.
STEP TWO: Gather needed information from EACH voting member
Have EACH voting member (pastor, deacon, elected lay persons) provide answers to the 6 questions below so that you have the necessary info before you register the group online!
1. First & Last Name
2. Email address - note: each voting member needs their own email
3. Attendee Category – check one:
_____Voting Member: Elected Layperson (voice & vote) - elected by congregation
_____Voting Member: Pastor
_____Voting Member: Deacon
4. Person of color/Primary language other than English? Check one:
5. Gender – check one:
6. Age at assembly – check one:
_____Youth (Under 18)
_____Young Adult (age 18-30)
STEP THREE: Register your group online by March 31.
Once you have registered your group online, you will receive a confirmation email.
STEP FOUR: Pay your event fee(s)
The cost is $25/person – you may pay either online OR by mailing a check.
To pay by check:
Make check out to NWWA Synod (put "assembly" in memo)
Mail here: ELCA Region 1; PO Box 94432; Seattle, WA 98124
To pay online:
Go HERE and select “Synod Assembly Registration” from the drop down menu.
STEP FIVE: Let your group members know they will be receiving a “welcome” email from us in a few days!
We will keep in touch with each voting member - sharing materials, meeting links, and other details to help them be well-prepared for the assembly.
Thank you for registering and/or for helping your delegation of voting members get registered for our May 15 online synod assembly!