"How To Play Tennis Safely"
- Wash and sanitize your hands.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment.
- Bring your own beverages.1
- Follow all CDC COVID-19 safety protocols.2
- Each player SHOULD bring their own can of balls. It is REQUIRED that each doubles team have a can of balls. 3
- Please bring credit or debit cards to the match to avoid cash handling.4"
1. Clubs will NOT supply coolers on court, or any cups.
2. Masks are not required during play, but should be worn as you enter and leave the club and court area.
3. USTA recommends two marked balls per server, which would imply 8 balls (or 4 cans of new balls) per doubles match. TACK is only requiring a can per side (2 cans).
Top Seed will not take cash.
- Try to stay 6 feet apart from others.1
- Avoid touching your face.
- Do not share equipment or beverages.
- Use only your own balls when serving.2
- Avoid using your hands when picking up balls. Kick them or use your racquet.3
- Avoid changing sides of the court when indoors."4
1. Doubles partners should agree on how strict they want to be on this ruling, since it is difficult to enforce between partners, but both are on the same team. Opponents should adhere to this rule.
2. See above. For doubles, "...own balls..." means the can of balls opened by one doubles partnership, unless those partners have agreed to use separate balls in advance (2 cans per side).
3. This is easy to do, but easy to forget!
4. USTA guidelines have changed, and staying on one side is no longer required. But since indoor play removes any competitive advantage, TACK recommends you avoid changing sides when indoors. You should agree to this with your opponents in advance.
- Leave the court as soon as possible.
- Locker room facilities will not be available.
- Avoid congregating after playing."
The clubs have shut down all indoor social areas, so congregating to watch indoor matches still in progress is to be avoided. But at all times CDC guidelines towards masks and social distancing should be followed after a match.
Just a reminder: congregating after a match might cause the club in question to be closed by local authorities! (Bathrooms, of course, are available at all 3 clubs.)