Registration opens in less than 2 weeks --
start now to find your team!
- What: Teams field three mixed doubles courts.
- Who: USTA members. Teams are rated 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 in three age categories (18+, 40+, 55+). Court partners' ratings must add up to or below the team rating category. For example, 7.0 partners can be two 3.5's, or one each 3.0 and 4.0. One "play up" is allowed (3.0 can play as a 3.5, e.g.)1.
- Registration opens Saturday, April 15
- Initial team roster deadline is Friday, May 17
- Play is Saturday, June 1 through Friday, June 26
- Where: Like last year, we'll be using a mixture of indoor and outdoor courts. New this year: we'll try to schedule weekend matches in clubs with party space -- let's have some fun!
- How much: Registration (pending recent tax legislation) will be $28.00. There are no court fees, no matter where matches are played2.
1=no more than two levels (1.0) can separate partners, so 2.5 + 4.5 is
allowed in 7.0 mixed.
2=no fees if matches are played where and when originally scheduled. Matches that get moved indoors due to weather may incur court fees.
Most communities across Kentucky have no tennis clubs with indoor courts, so Adult League play is outdoors as weather allows. Lexington has three! We celebrate their support of USTA, TACK, and tennis in general.
With 15 indoor and 7 outdoor courts (5 are clay), fitness center, pool, and more, LTC is one of the largest clubs in the country.
Visit their website
, or contact club manager
, for more about their facility.
LTC will have a members-only 30-and-under mixer this coming Friday, April 5, from 6:30-9:00. See their
's "Events" page for more, or contact Brooks.
BRC's manager Jonathan Thompson has supported tennis in Lexington for nearly 20 years, including coaching some of the area's premiere junior players. His club has 5 indoor courts, and more.
See their website
, for more information.
Upcoming event: nothing at this time -- contact Jonathan for more.
Top Seed is our newest club, with 12 indoor and 9 outdoor courts, a huge fitness training center, and other member advantages.
See their website
, or contact general manager
, for more.
On April 14,
Top Seed's "Serves of Love" event will serve individuals age 6-21 who have "...
intellectual/developmental disabilities..." with tennis lessons/play opportunities. See this
Facebook Events Page
for more, or contact Jon
In this issue...
We Love Our Clubs!
Monday, April 15:
Mixed League Registration Opens.
Thursday, May 2:
55+ Session 2 league play ends.
Friday, May 17:
Mixed League Initial Roster Deadline
Friday, May 24:
18+ Session 2 league play ends.
Friday, May 31: 40
+ Session 2 league play ends.
Friday, May 31-Sunday, June 2:
Tennis Store of Lexington Throwdown Tournament
Be nice to our clubs
Tennis clubs provide indoor play space for USTA adult league play in partnership with TACK. Often, courts are empty well before a match is scheduled, but a club has no obligation to allow league players onto courts early. If you are early,
ask at the desk
whether that's OK. Court time is a club's main revenue stream, so if the answer is "no," that's OK. For the cost of court time for practice at each club, see the
on the TACK website. And,
: clubs can re-sell unused USTA match court times, which is why they require you to let them know within 24 hours of reschedules/forfeits. Again,
be nice to our clubs!