Tri-Level -- Doubles with a Twist!
This February, TACK will again host its Tri-Level tournament.
Registration opens January 5
, so start thinking now about forming your teams!
- What? Matches are 3 courts of doubles, one each of different/adjacent ratings. (The most common is 3.0/3.5/4.0.) That's 6 players per match. (Hence "Tri-Level" -- see what we did there?)
- Who? All 3 common age groupings (18+, 40+, 55+)
- How? Although TACK does Tri-Level as a 3-day weekend tournament, it is still run through TennisLink like any other USTA league.
- When? Friday, Feb. 8 through Sunday, Feb. 10. Some early matches may be scheduled Thursday, Feb. 7 if we need the court time.
- Where? Once again, TACK will be partnering with the Lexington Tennis Club, with possible overflow covered by other clubs.
- Advancement. Tri-Level is like any other USTA League...
- State Championship (August 9-11, Owensboro)
- Southern Sectionals (Oct. 18-20) are in Louisville for 2019, so you won't have to travel far if you win State!
- Nationals. If you're lucky enough to win Sectionals (and your team is 18+ 3.5/4.0/4.5), the USTA Nationals are held in Indian Wells! (Dates TBD, likely March 2020.)
- Social. Since one team supports three different ratings levels, here's your chance to get to know players you normally wouldn't meet in league play!
- Party! TACK generally hosts a party after play on Saturday.
We'll send a notice when registration officially opens. For more on TACK-supported league play, see our
USTA LEAGUE TENNIS page
. And, as always, you can
with your questions.
Session 1 Team Formation Deadline Saturday, Dec. 15!
Just a reminder:
All teams for leagues starting January must have enough players to field a single match registered by
midnight, December 15
last week's newsletter
for required counts.
if you have any questions or concerns.
Saturday, Dec. 15:
Adult League Session 1/"Fun" League Initial Roster Deadline; last day of Fall League.
Saturday, Jan. 5:
Tri-Level Registration Open (see at left)
Thursday, Jan. 10:
TACK Board Meeting
Friday, Jan. 18:
Adult League Session 2 Registration Open
From the TACK board: "Know the rules for forfeiting/rescheduling courts. This time of year, with play indoors at private clubs, the clubs themselves set the rules. Be sure they know 24 hours in advance of any problems/changes. After that time, captains are responsible for court fees of any un-played courts."
REGULATIONS on our website