TBC Safety and Security Update
Temple B'nai Chaim is updating its safety and security processes.
In the spring of 2015, the Security Task Force was asked by TBC's Executive Committee to formulate and implement actions that would meet the dual goals of:
- Supporting TBC's warm and welcoming culture.
- Creating an environment that is safe and comfortable for congregants.
The Task Force is developing a comprehensive security plan that has short-term and long-term goals. These include:
- Strengthening our ties to key safety and security resources in Redding and Wilton.
- Reviewing and updating our security and safety systems.
- Improving the existing safety procedures and plans, and integrating them into TBC's day-to-day activities.
As the year progresses you will occasionally see evidence of the changes we will be making. Some examples we have already implemented are:
- A camera, intercom, and buzzer entry system that will allow for both a secure front entrance and easy entry for our congregants.
- Updating school procedures to reflect stronger visitor oversight.
2016 plans include strengthening the visible identification of the TBC staff and volunteers, continuing to update procedures and improving the communication systems in the school.
There are many visible and behind-the-scenes changes that will continue to roll out over the coming months. Some of these changes will require small changes by the congregation, but all will greatly improve the safety and security of our community.
The members of the Security Task Force are:
TBC Executive Committee
|First Vice President
|Second Vice President