Vancouver, B.C., September 18, 2019
- As the calendar flips to fall,
Temper Chocolate & Pastry
in West Vancouver's Dundarave neighbourhood is welcoming the new season with an array of limited-edition autumnal treats and Thanksgiving specials. Guests can visit the much-loved European-style café throughout the month of October to savour and sip a variety of returning fall favourites created by Temper
owner and lead pastry chef Steven Hodge
This year's festive line-up includes three specialty sweets featuring Temper's signature made-in-house pumpkin spice and two classic fall desserts:
- Pumpkin Pie: a classic fall dessert topped with Chantilly cream; Temper's signature pumpkin pies crust is made from Hodge's grandmother's secret family recipe ($35/serves 10-12)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: rich and decadent pumpkin-infused cheesecakes available in individual ($7.30), medium ($38/serves 6-8) and large sizes ($48/serves 10-12)
- Pumpkin Scones: buttery soft seasonal scones, perfect for a morning treat or afternoon pick-me-up ($3.75 each)
- Butter Tarts: gooey sweet tarts inspired by the nostalgic Canadian treat ($3.50 each)
- Crème Brûlée: featuring a creamy custard base topped with a hard caramelized sugar surface ($7.50 each)
Available starting October 1, Temper's new Fall Lunch Menu will offer a range of seasonal soups, quiches and sandwiches, including a Thanksgiving-inspired Turkey Sandwich ($12.50). The limited-edition sandwich is made with roasted turkey breast, herb mayo, house-made cranberry sauce and stuffing served on Temper's signature French-style baguette. Available year-round, Temper's crusty and soft baguettes are an ideal take-away item to use for preparing homemade stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner.
As the temperature starts to dip in the month of October, guests can cozy up to Temper's signature Pumpkin Spiced Latte (8 oz. for $4.50; 12 oz. for $4.75), a seasonal sipper featuring handcrafted pumpkin spice syrup and artisanal espresso from Campos Coffee in Australia.
All of Temper's fall food and drink specials will be available exclusively at the West Vancouver café starting Tuesday, October 1. For those hoping to take home a Pumpkin Pie and/or Pumpkin Cheesecake on the busy Thanksgiving weekend from October 11 to 13, pre-orders are recommended as quantities are limited. Orders may be placed over the phone at 604-281-1152 or online email@example.com or in person at 2409 Marine Drive in West Vancouver.