We are pleased to confirm some of the details of this year's conference; mark your calendars now for November 1-2, 2018 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto! Many of you are familiar with this venue and will no doubt look forward to returning.
The theme for TESL Ontario's 46th Annual Conference is "Synergies of Language and Life" and will be reflected further in the panel discussion theme, "Building Thriving Communities". We hope this will inspire you to think about presenting at the conference.
The launch of the Employment Connections Event last year was a success and will be a part of this year's program as well. We are also considering a few new features this year, including a few remote sessions and a TechKnow session where technology experts would offer advice and guidance on specific technology topics.
|TESL Ontario 2018 Annual Conference
TESL Ontario is actively searching for presenters to deliver informative sessions with practical information and useful tools for language training professionals in Ontario.
The TESL Ontario annual conference is the place to learn about the latest research in the field, attend informative workshops, share ideas, debate current issues, view the latest products and services from exhibitors, and of course, network.
Interested presenters can choose from a variety of session types to deliver, including:
New presentations and repeats of successful past presentations (be sure to mention in your submission the presentation is a repeat from a previous year) are welcome. Consider co-presenting if you are not comfortable on your own.
- Interactive Workshops (a description of hands-on and interactive activities must be outlined in detail)
- Publisher's Presentations (If you are presenting on/about published materials, you MUST select this category)
- Technology Presentations (BYOD sessions)
- One-day conference registration for the day of your presentation
- Certificate for 5 hours of professional development for presenting a 1-hour session
- Opportunity to hone your presentation skills
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the language training community
- Expand your personal learning network (PLN)
Please submit your proposal by June 22, 2018 and become a part of the oldest and most prestigious conference serving ESL professionals in Canada.
Presenters will be notified of the status of their presentation proposals by July 30, 2018.
Submit your concurrent session proposal.
Do you have interesting activities or classroom practices that you'd like to share with your colleagues but don't want to present to a large audience? Then consider presenting at a poster session. Poster sessions allow you to:
Submit your poster presentation proposal.
- Present your ideas on a display board
- Describe your presentation informally for 15 or 20 minutes
- Discuss your ideas with colleagues in small groups
The 2018 conference will feature a TechKnow session, where technology experts will provide advice and guidance on specific technology topics.
The one-hour session will feature a number of round tables, each table would be hosted by a technology expert who will speak and answer questions about a specific technology topic.
TESL Ontario is looking for presenters who:
Presenters can choose the topic they wish to focus on, for example:
- are already presenting a session at the conference
- have expertise in some area of using technology to teach English
- provide a short 5-mintue explanation of the technology of your choice
- moderate a guided discussion on the chosen technology topic and,
- answer questions from participants
- mobile learning
- presenting a webinar
- online assessment tools
- online collaboration tools
- social media
- online learning tools
- online teacher training
- or other technology topics suggested by presenters
Please note that in order to participate in the TechKnow session you must be submitting a proposal for a concurrent session.
Submit your concurrent session proposal, you can indicate on this proposal form that you are also interested in participating in the TechKnow session.
Consider submitting a proposal to do a remote webinar session.
- Are you tech savvy?
- Have experience with webinars or online presentations?
- Interested in contributing to the conference but unable to attend?
Remote sessions are one-hour presentations that would be broadcasted in a presentation room at the conference with a live audience and also with an online audience. The presenter would be in a remote location (not at the conference) and would be available and comfortable with doing a remote presentation.
Remote presenters are required to have:
Submit your remote session proposal.
- a computer with camera or a webcam
- a headset with microphone and
- internet access with a minimum of 10mb download and 5mb upload.
TESL Ontario will be hosting its 2nd annual Career Connections event at the 2018 annual conference.
This opportunity is open to all employers, but space is limited. Are you:
- a hiring manager at your organization?
- interested in connecting with more than 800 ESL professionals from across Ontario?
- not currently hiring, but interested in engaging with language training educators about your organization's hiring practices?
The TESL Ontario Career Connections event makes it easier to find the right candidates for your institution.
As an employer exhibitor at this career event, you will be able to:
- interact with professionals from all areas of the ESL community
- exhibit and promote your institution for FREE
- share your company's culture and hiring practices with interested attendees, even if you are not currently hiring.
Career Connections will be held on Thursday, November 1 from 1:40 pm - 4:30 pm at the
Sheraton Centre Hotel Toronto.
Have questions? Contact the Career Connections team at email@example.com
Exhibitor opportunities allow you to interact with and promote your company's brand directly to more than 850 language training educators in a variety of ways. The role of the educator is not only to instruct their students in gaining language skills, but also to act as a trusted advisor and mentor. Educators are relied upon for providing direction and guidance with many day-to-day needs, while students navigate through a tremendous life transition.
Download the the Exhibitor Prospectus, which includes general information, a floorplan, exhibit rates and registration form.
Register for your exhibit table online.
A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available at the TESL Ontario 2018 conference. A sponsorship provides you with additional exposure and the opportunity to engage in a more productive way. Each opportunity guarantees profile, recognition, and access to conference attendees and the entire TESL Ontario membership. Select a level that is comfortable for your organization; commit to a larger package by cost-sharing the opportunity with other companies. Our Sponsorship Manager, Stefanie Wolf, is excited to speak with you about customizing a package to meet your needs.