Granite is the most desired material for countertops. There are other fantastic hard surface options, but granite continues to be number one and we don't see that changing anytime soon.
8 Reasons We Love Granite Countertops
Granite has a rich beauty that few other countertop materials can match! It is a natural product with a timeless aura and appeal. Granite countertops take a high-quality kitchen to the next level visually and often become the centerpiece of the room.
- Granite is a very hard substance and is not susceptible to scratches. While not ideal to work on because it will dull knife blades, it will take normal wear and tear very well.
- Granite resists heat too, so its use near a range or cooktop is ideal. When you have to set down a hot pan fast, granite can take the heat without being damaged or weakened. In the bathroom, placing a hair tool on it that is still warm won’t be a problem.
- The myth that granite has to be sealed periodically is not necessarily true. If the granite is cleaned and sealed properly upon installation, it will never need to be sealed again.
- Granite can be very resistant to stains and won't absorb liquids once properly sealed.
- It is sanitary because it is non-porous.
- The various minerals within granite add depth and character making every granite top different. With more than 20 shades of granite you can find one that blends perfectly with your kitchen cabinets, flooring and walls.
- The color of your granite countertop will never fade.
- It adds value to your home!