and SATELLITE BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT
'TIS the SEASON for FRAUD!
INVESTIGATING & PROSECUTING
SEASONAL FRAUD TRENDS
December 2, 2019 - Satellite Beach, Florida
Financial crimes are the number one crime of the 21st century. Law enforcement agencies across the United States and around the World are inundated with fraud cases; especially, during the holiday season. Most law enforcement agencies do not have investigators designated to just investigating frauds, leaving fraud cases on the back burner. Most investigators do not like financial crimes because these investigations are voluminous and time consuming.
The purpose of this class is to assist participants in investigating and prosecuting seasonal fraud trends through proper organization techniques, triage of case load and arming investigators with tools of the trade. This unique instruction to fraud investigations will result in better organization, prevention and prosecution methods.
- This interactive 8-hour class will help participants in organizing and investigating all types of seasonal fraud investigations, from simple frauds to more complex frauds.
- Students will review and learn new tools for investigating and prosecuting seasonal frauds
- This class will review different Statutes and laws related to fraud.
- Students will go over all types of fraud, including unique ones.
- Using Excel during the investigation and prosecution.
- Discussion and instruction on how to chip-off credit card skimmers. How to read and organize credit cad skimmer data (skimmer paper).
- Case studies will be introduced to aid in the understanding of different fraud investigations.
- Class discussion on how to identify fraudsters in videos and surveillance photographs.
- Students will receive handout material showing step-by-step tools to make seasonal fraud investigations easy.
Sergeant Jacqueline Lee Hearon is
supervisor of the Economic Crime Task Force and Fraud Unit of the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. She heads a multi-agency task force and conducts fraud training classes. She worked her way through several positions; Community Policing Deputy, Corporal and was an Agent for over 11 years, specializing in fraud investigations, before accepting the position of Sergeant. Sergeant Hearon is now a twenty (20) year veteran of the Brevard County Sheriff's Office.
Sergeant Hearon graduated from Seminole College Police Academy in 1990, earned an (A.A.) degree in Criminal Justice from Brevard Community College and a (B.S.) degree in Organizational Management with a minor in Emergency Management from Eastern Florida State College. She instructed for ten (10) years at the Brevard Community College Police Academy, teaching Investigations and Crime Scene. Currently, Sergeant Hearon is a member of the ACFE and working towards her CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner.)
All members of the criminal justice community (sworn or non-sworn).
LENGTH: 8 hour training
Satellite Beach City Hall Complex
Scotty Culp Room (across from City Hall building)
565 Cassia Boulevard
, Florida 32937
DATES & TIMES
- Monday, December 2, 2019
- Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199.00 per person
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Cancellations and Substitutions:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment.
- Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
CLAUDE A. PICHARD, Phone: 850-251-1223