Updated as of July 6, 2020 and includes resources for food, veterans, mental health services, senior services, childcare, COVID-19 Testing, opportunities to give back and more. New items are noted with an asterisk.
2-1-1 Orange County
is a comprehensive information and referral system for Orange County, CA. 211OC provides a resource database of health and human services and support, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online and through a multi-lingual hotline, connecting people quickly and effectively to existing programs and disaster response information.
- Hours: First and Third Monday of each month. Arrive by 10:00 a.m.
- Phone: (949) 830-7473
- Location: 23302 El Toro Road, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Food Distribution
- Hours: Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 3:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
- Location: 12832 Knott Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841
- Hours: Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. first Saturday of the month.
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840 by front gate of the property
Coast Hills Church: Food Pantry*
- Hours: First three Saturdays of the month from 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Phone: (949) 362-0079
- Location: 5 Pursuit, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Must be 13+ years of age.
- Hours: Fourth Saturday of the Month 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Location: 515 East Almond Avenue, Orange, CA 92866
Community Action Partnership and Power of One Foundation
- Please note new hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 492-8477
- Location: 1030 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA 92673
- Drive through service including food and diapers
- Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 552-2727
- Location: 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618
Food for Christ at the Rock: Drive Through Food Bank
- Hours: Drive through will be 7:00 am - 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Phone: (714) 331-6311
- Location: 101 East Orangethorpe Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801
- Small bag of nonperishables
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 161 South Orange Street, Orange, CA 92866
- Pick up groceries by appointment only
- Phone: (714) 539-4357
- Location: 11022 Acacia Pkwy #C, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Drive-through fresh, frozen, and non-perishable grocery items
- Everyone welcome once a week. Please have available space in the trunk or back of the vehicle cleared.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Phone: (949) 497-7121
- Location: 20652 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
- Updated Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: 949-769-8131
- Location: 5001 Newport Coast Dr, Irvine, CA 92603
Pathways of Hope: Food Pantry*
- Food distribution and services such as rental assistance and case management
- UPDATED Hours: Monday – Friday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 680-3691
- Location: 611 South Ford Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Fresh and nonperishable grocery items, packages contain 5 days worth of food
- Families may receive assistance once every 30 days
- Locations: Anaheim, Irvine South, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Rancho Capistrano, San Clemente, Santa Ana, Norco, Torrance
Saddleback Church: Grocery Distribution*
- July 6: City National Grove of Anaheim – 2200 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Hours: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- For more information Click Here
Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
- Hours: Sundays 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 544-3141
- Location: 1221 Wass Street, Tustin CA 92780
- Canned foods, produce, frozen goods
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- For residents of North and Central Orange County - Bring ID
- May receive food once monthly, Must meet low income guidelines (TEFAP)
- Location: 1515 W. North Street, Anaheim, CA
The Salvation Army of Southern California
- Bring Picture ID
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 832-7100
- Location: 10200 Pioneer Road, Tustin, CA 92782
- Distribution of groceries, diapers, and hygiene items
- Hours: First and Third Saturdays of the month 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration begins at 4:30 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 352-2911
- Location: 1206 E. 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Food Distribution
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Location: 1550 Superior Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Phone: (949) 548-8861
- Location: 720 West 19th Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Southwest Community Center
- Provides Hot Meals. Must Be Consumed off-site.
- Hot Meal Hours: Monday-Sunday 12:00 p.m.
- Food Pantry Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Phone: (714) 547-4073
- Location: 1601 West Second Street, Santa Ana CA 92703
- Food distribution will be by appointment only. Any shopper coming without an appointment will be directed to call the hotline.
- Appointments available Monday – Friday 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Phone: Pantry Hotline at 949-380-8144 ext. 207
- Location: 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618
South Shores Church: “Feed the Need” Food Distribution
- Hours: Sunday mornings 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 234-1302
- Location: 32032 Del Obispo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Tustin Drive Through Food Drive
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center, 621 West First St., Tustin CA, 92780
Food Resources for Seniors
- Home-Delivery meal program for seniors.
- Multiple locations
- Apply for the program through their website here
- Restaurants interested in participating Click Here
- Senior Center Grab and Go Lunch
- Can get up to 3 meals
- Locations: Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar, San Clemente
- Home delivery of groceries for Seniors and Veterans
- Phone: (844) 279-0105
- Irvine Meals on Wheels provides nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals to senior residents or other individuals who cannot prepare or shop for meals themselves.
- Delivered Monday through Friday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 724-6927
- Location: 20 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604
- Meals on Wheels Orange County has converted their in person meal program to a pick up program.
- Registered online to have a family or friend pick up meals by providing the name and address of the participant.
- Locations are available across Orange County, click here to view them
- Phone: (714) 823-3294
- Seniors 65+
- Grab-and-go meals are first come first serve while supplies last. Walk-ins only.
- Hours: Fridays 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 377-0398
- Location: 18380 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
San Juan Capistrano Senior Center: Hot Meals
- Must be a San Juan Capistrano Resident
- Hours: Monday – Friday 11:45 a.m.
- Phone: (949) 493-5921
- Location: 25925 Camino del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92676
Resources for Children and Families
- Orange County Department of Education has prepared a master list of all school locations in Orange County where families can pick up food.
- Updated April 28, 2020
- Free Grab & Go Meals – Walk-up or Drive-up
- 18 years old and younger OR 18+ who meet the CDE’s definition of mental or physical disability
- Hours: Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 635-9622
- Multiple locations across Anaheim
Anaheim Family YMCA:
- Helps to find nearby CA After school and Summer Meal programs, as well as emergency meal sites.
- Community Action Partnership of Orange County and OC Food Bank have partnered to provide diapers to families and children in need.
- Locations: Anaheim, Brea, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Irvine, Orange, Placentia, and Santa Ana
- To help students learn about Technology & Engineering during the summer, Dreams for Schools has developed Virtual Summer Camps for kids in Grades 1st to 8th with personalized learning (1 instructor to 5 students maximum).
- Dream for Schools is offering four Virtual Summer Programs: STEM Heroes (1st-3rd) Virtual Camp; Coding Games with Scratch (3rd-5th) Virtual Camp; Engineering for Kids (3rd-5th ) Virtual Camp; and Web Development – 2 Weeks, 4 Weeks, 6 Weeks, (6th-8th) Virtual Camp
- Phone: (949) 333-9084
- Resources for Families with Young Children, such as Health and Mental Health, Childcare, Tips for Talking to Children about COVID-19, and more.
- Provides temporary hosting for children whose families are in crisis. Parents can arrange for their children to stay with a prescreened family, while they focus on resolving crisis situations and work to bring stability back to their home.
- 24/7 Hotline Phone: (714) 543-5437 x1234
- Location: 2130 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Grab and Go lunch and breakfast at no cost to children 18 and under
- Children must be present at pick up
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. weekdays
- Extended Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Languages: English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Provides services that promotes health and well being for seniors
- Phone: (949) 855-8033
- Location: 23101 Lake Center Drive, Suite 325, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Services for blind and visually impaired adults. While their classes and services are temporarily suspended, they are here to provide support during the “safer-at-home” mandate by phone or online.
- Health Insurance Counseling, Concierge Care Navigators, Answer Resource Guides, Senior Protection Program, etc.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Location: 2 Executive Circle, Suite 175, Irvine, CA 92614
- In this time of separation, Well Connected and Well Connected Español are here to provide support—to provide laughs, intellectual stimulation, inspiration, conversation and more, all via groups you can join from home, by phone or online.
- Phone: (877) 797-7299
- Offer free care planning service to seniors of any income, insurance, and/or health condition.
- Help people learn about great healthcare resources, housing with assistance for low income/disabled seniors and many great programs to seniors improve their quality of life.
- Provides mental health counseling to seniors 55+ for anxiety, depression, grief, loss, and life changes. “Feeling the Blues” is a short-term therapy program, usually 10 sessions or less, and not appropriate for those with SPMI.
- Contact for assessment: Martha Hernandez, LCSW at (949) 715-8104 or email@example.com
- EISOA Program: Early Intervention Services for Older Adults
- Offers comprehensive services to adults 60+ experiencing emotional challenges and health barriers
- Languages: English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Delivering groceries, masks, and other necessities to seniors sheltering in place, transporting seniors to medical appointments and the grocery store, and picking up and delivering prescriptions
- Hours: Weekdays 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 499-4100
- Location: Laguna Beach
- Working remotely during COVID-19
- Online resource to serve all K-12 girls at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The resources include access to Girl Scouts of the USA’s new online platform, featuring free, self-guided activities for K-12 girls and local activities from Girl Scouts of Orange County.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
- COVID-19 Guide, Nami Mentor Program
- OC Warmline provides emotional support and Orange County resources at no cost.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 991-6412
- Tools and information on anxiety; resources for immediate response; how-to articles; webinars and workshops; articles specifically for parents, caregivers, older adults, domestic violence survivors, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans.
- Provides support both by phone and online chat
- Services: mental health, alcohol and drug inpatient and outpatient, crisis programs, prevention and early intervention services
- Phone: (855) 625-4657
- Resources for students, young professionals and parents
- Tips to Stay Mentally Well while Working from Home
- On demand help with reducing stress and anxiety.
- Providing comprehensive support services for veterans and their families, including but not limited to financial assistance, employment assistance, housing, behavioral health resource referrals, resume building and more. Services are provided by email, phone, text and ZOOM.
- Veteran Navigators will work with you and your family to meet your needs, connect you to resources, and ensure you are supported during this challenging time -- and always.
- Phone: (855) 998-3837
- Free readjustment counseling services for combat veterans, Telehealth visits only
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (714) 776-0161. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- Services: counseling, employment referral, community outreach and education, referral of other VA services
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (949) 348-6700. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- Location: 26431 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 100, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Housing for Veterans
- If interested in eligibility requirements, call the CRRC at (844) 838-8300
- Phone and Telehealth counseling services for veterans and their families
- Serves all military and family members, including active, non-active, reserve, guard, or veteran, from any branch of the military to address their challenges in a timely, competent, and supportive manner.
- Contact: (949) 505-5015 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Locations: Laguna Hills and Long Beach
- Free and Confidential Services to OC resident Veteran students
- Mental Health (Individual and couples’ therapy), Case Management (housing, resume-writing, employment, utilities, etc.)
- Veterans and their family members
- Toll Free Number: (888) 566-9993
- Services: Health and Wellness, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning, and PTSD and Trauma programs
- Phone: Toll-Free (844) 200-0012
- The VetNet Program supports the men, women and families of Military Veterans and transitioning Service Members through a variety of services and programs.
- Services Offered include: Veteran Peer Navigation, Job Training, Career Readiness, Job Placement, and Professional Wardrobing Services
- Phone: (714) 210-2460
Childcare for First Responders and Essential Workers
- Pet food available at Bread of Life Pantry
- Hours: Thursday's and Friday's from 3:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 897-8972
- Location: 12832 Knott St., Garden Grove, 92841
- Hours: Open on the first Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Pet food available through Paws for Peace pet food pantry. Open most Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 535-1675
- Location: 827 S Walnut St, Anaheim, CA 92802
- For more information, click here.
- Provides helping hand to families with pets who are experiencing financial strain
- Hours: Second Saturday of every month starting June 13 from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Location: OC Animal Care – 1630 Victory Road, Tustin, CA 92782
- Hours: Wednesday nights at 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 451-6198
- Location: 400 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, 92701
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Food Pantry
- Phone: (714) 507-2459
- Location: 7855 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680
- Hours: First and third Wednesday's of the month 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: Shepard of the Hills United Methodist Church - 30605 Avenida de las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita, 92688
- Crime Survivors is to provide hope and healing to victims and survivors of crime through advocacy and the support of resources, information, and empowerment from the critical time after a crime occurs through the challenges and successes of surviving and thriving.
- Provides food, hygiene items, clothing, support group, case management, wrap around services, service provider roundtables, and more.
- Phone: (844) 853-HOPE or (949) 872-7895
- As of April 20, 2020, the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department was able to resume marriage services at Honda Center in Anaheim. Staff is providing services from inside booths to ensure that a protective barrier exists between them and the couples.
- By Appointment Only
- To ensure academic, professional, and personal enrichment remains part of a growing quality of life, OC Public Libraries explored options for free and low-cost internet access and compiled their findings on one webpage.
Giving Back - Donations Needed:
- Essential Items needed: Toilet paper, Hand sanitizers, Disinfectant items (wipes, gloves, cleaners, sponges, empty spray bottles, buckets), Paper Towels, Anti-bacterial Soap, Non-perishable food, Trash bags, Toothbrushes, Children books and games, Thermometers, Deodorant, Toothpaste, Sanitary napkins.
- Food donations needed
- Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 406-3049
- Location: 3152 E La Palma Suite D, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Pay it forward by donating a Harvest Box to community members in need. The Ecology Center will donate these boxes to the elderly, immunocompromised, healthcare workers, and low-income families.
- Board At Home: Your donation is rewarded with the ultimate stay-at-home wine and cheese survival kit
- Three options to support: donate dollars, donate diapers or collect diapers
- Items Needed: non-perishable items, canned goods, hygiene products, and grocery gift cards
- Drop-off Hours: Sundays 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Location: 8163 E Kaiser Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92808
- Click Here for a complete list of items needed.
- Drop-off Hours: Every day 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Chapel Lot - 5001 Newport Coast Drive, Irvine, CA 92603
- Accepting Donations via its Amazon Wish-list to support the Family Fur-st Drive Thru Pet Pantry
- Items Needed: Cereal, Peanut Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Soup or non-perishable food
- Drop-off Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: PEACE Center on Saddleback Lake Forest campus – 1 Purpose Drive, Lake Forest, CA 92630 or Food Pantry bins at a campus
Please note that dates and times are subject to change.
If you have questions about TLC for OC, or would like to suggest resources for inclusion, please contact the authors below:
, Communications Specialist, at (714) 501-9893