Updated as of April 20, 2020 and includes resources for veterans, mental health services, senior services, childcare, opportunities to give back and more. New items are noted with an asterisk.
Food Resources for Families
- Food Distribution
- Hours: Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 3:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
- Location: 12832 Knott Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841
- Pre-bagged food distribution: Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840 by front gate of the property
- Must be 13+ years of age.
- Hours: Fourth Saturday of the Month 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Location: 515 East Almond Avenue, Orange, CA 92866
- Drive through service including food and diapers
- Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618
Food for Christ at the Rock: Drive Through Food Bank
- Hours: Drive through will be 7:00 am - 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Phone: (714) 331-6311
- Location: 101 East Orangethorpe Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801
- Small bag of nonperishables
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: 161 South Orange Street, Orange, CA 92866
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: 949-769-8131
- Location: 5001 Newport Coast Dr, Irvine, CA 92603
- Fresh and nonperishable grocery items, packages contain 5 days worth of food
- Families may receive assistance once every 30 days
- Locations: Anaheim, Irvine South, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Rancho Capistrano, San Clemente
Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
- Hours: Sundays 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 544-3141
- Location: 1221 Wass Street, Tustin CA 92780
- Canned foods, produce, frozen goods
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- For residents of North and Central Orange County - Bring ID
- May receive food once monthly, Must meet low income guidelines (TEFAP)
- Location: 1515 W. North Street, Anaheim, CA
The Salvation Army of Southern California*
- Bring Picture ID
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 832-7100
- Location: 10200 Pioneer Road, Tustin, CA 92782
Second Harvest Food Bank Drive Through
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Honda Center parking lot: 2695 E. Katella Ave. Enter off South Douglass Road.
Southwest Community Center
- Provides Hot Meals. Must Be Consumed off-site.
- Hot Meal Hours: Monday-Sunday 12:00 p.m.
- Food Pantry Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Phone: (714) 547-4073
- Location: 1601 West Second Street, Santa Ana CA 92703
- Food distribution will be by appointment only. Any shopper coming without an appointment will be directed to call the hotline.
- Phone: Pantry Hotline at 949-380-8144 ext. 207
- Location: 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618
Tustin Drive Through Food Drive
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center, 621 West First St., Tustin CA, 92780
Food Resources for Children
- Orange County Department of Education has prepared a master list of all school locations in Orange County where families can pick up food.
- Grab and Go lunch and breakfast at no cost to children 18 and under
- Children must be present at pick up
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. weekdays
Food Resources for Seniors
- Senior Center Grab and Go Lunch
- Can get up to 3 meals
- Locations: Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar, San Clemente
- Irvine Meals on Wheels provides nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals to senior residents or other individuals who cannot prepare or shop for meals themselves.
- Delivered Monday through Friday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Phone: (949) 724-6927
- Location: 20 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604
- Up to 7 grab and go lunches to take home once a week. Must bring ID, or ID for individual who will receive the meals.
- Locations: Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, La Habra, Orange, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster
- Extended Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Languages: English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Provides services that promotes health and well being for seniors
- Phone: (949) 855-8033
- Location: 23101 Lake Center Drive, Suite 325, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Services for blind and visually impaired adults. While their classes and services are temporarily suspended, they are here to provide support during the “safer-at-home” mandate by phone or online.
- Health Insurance Counseling, Concierge Care Navigators, Answer Resource Guides, Senior Protection Program, etc.
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Location: 2 Executive Circle, Suite 175, Irvine, CA 92614
- In this time of separation, Well Connected and Well Connected Español are here to provide support—to provide laughs, intellectual stimulation, inspiration, conversation and more, all via groups you can join from home, by phone or online.
- Phone: (877) 797-7299
- Offer free care planning service to seniors of any income, insurance, and/or health condition.
- Help people learn about great healthcare resources, housing with assistance for low income/disabled seniors and many great programs to seniors improve their quality of life.
- EISOA Program: Early Intervention Services for Older Adults
- Offers comprehensive services to adults 60+ experiencing emotional challenges and health barriers
- Languages: English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Phone: (714) 479-0107
- Online resource to serve all K-12 girls at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The resources include access to Girl Scouts of the USA’s new online platform, featuring free, self-guided activities for K-12 girls and local activities from Girl Scouts of Orange County.
National Alliance on Mental Illness*
- COVID-19 Guide, Nami Mentor Program
- OC Warmline provides emotional support and Orange County resources at no cost.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 991-6412
- Tools and information on anxiety; resources for immediate response; how-to articles; webinars and workshops; articles specifically for parents, caregivers, older adults, domestic violence survivors, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans.
Behavioral Health Information and Referrals*
- Provides support both by phone and online chat
- Services: mental health, alcohol and drug inpatient and outpatient, crisis programs, prevention and early intervention services
- Phone: (855) 625-4657
- Resources for students, young professionals and parents
- On demand help with reducing stress and anxiety.
- Providing comprehensive support services for veterans and their families, including but not limited to financial assistance, employment assistance, housing, behavioral health resource referrals, resume building and more. Services are provided by email, phone, text and ZOOM.
- Veteran Navigators will work with you and your family to meet your needs, connect you to resources, and ensure you are supported during this challenging time -- and always.
- Phone: (855) 998-3837
- Free readjustment counseling services for combat veterans, Telehealth visits only
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (714) 776-0161. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- Services: counseling, employment referral, community outreach and education, referral of other VA services
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (949) 348-6700. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- Location: 26431 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 100, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Services: Health and Wellness, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning, and PTSD and Trauma programs
- Phone: Toll-Free (844) 200-0012
Childcare for First Responders and Essential Workers
- Pet food available at Bread of Life Pantry
- Hours: Thursday's and Friday's from 3:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 897-8972
- Location: 12832 Knott St., Garden Grove, 92841
- Hours: Open on the first Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: 13280 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Pet food available through Paws for Peace pet food pantry. Open most Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Phone: (714) 535-1675
- Location: 827 S Walnut St, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Hours: Wednesday nights at 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 451-6198
- Location: 400 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, 92701
- Hours: Monday Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Food Pantry
- Phone: (714) 507-2459
- Location: 7855 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680
- Hours: First and third Wednesday's of the month 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (714) 282-3097
- Location: Shepard of the Hills United Methodist Church - 30605 Avenida de las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita, 92688
Giving Back - Donations Needed:
- Items Needed: non-perishable items, canned goods, hygiene products, and grocery gift cards
- Drop-off Hours: Sundays 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Location: 8163 E Kaiser Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92808
- Click Here for a complete list of items needed.
- Drop-off Hours: Every day 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Chapel Lot - 5001 Newport Coast Drive, Irvine, CA 92603
*Please note that dates and times are subject to change.
If you have questions about TLC for OC, or would like to suggest resources for inclusion, please contact the authors below:
, Communications Specialist, at (714) 501-9893