16 ways how to impact your community this winter
As we approach the winter season it brings to mind the extreme cold, snow, ice, and other wintry conditions we expect to see this time of year. So grab a cup of hot chocolate and consider these creative ways people at your church can serve their community this winter.
1. Offer to take an elderly neighbor to the store to stock up on winter supplies/groceries, or have your neighbor make a list for you to pick up while you're out.
2. Shovel your neighbor's walkway. Or, get your exercise in for the day and do the whole street!
3. Place salt on someone's front door steps or that neglected bit of sidewalk between houses.
4. If others lose power, offer your house as a location for cell phone/laptop charging.
5. Invite neighborhood kids/families to build snowmen if schools are cancelled.
6. Create a free hot chocolate stand outside a busy shopping area.