Anything can happen, but these are our calendar highlights for Sept. 4 to 7 at GSU:
Check out these upcoming education opportunities
- preparations are underway for bargaining this autumn
- general secretary Hugh Wagner had a meeting with a member Tuesday afternoon
- The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday. If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com
- staff rep Dale Markling has a grievance meeting on Wednesday
- Hugh Wagner will be at the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board for hearings on Wednesday and Thursday
- staff rep Steve Torgerson will meet with a member on Thursday.
GSU members who sign up and are approved to participate in GSU-sanctioned events will have their time off work, wages, and expenses covered in accordance with GSU's expense policies (child care included). GSU staff will also assist you with arranging the time off with your employer.
Submit your expression of interest to your staff rep or directly to GSU by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending either of these events.
Last chance to register!
Saskatchewan Federation of Labour's OH&S Conference
Regina, SK - September 12-14
The 2018 SFL OH&S Conference courses are:
- Occupational Health and Safety and the Act and Regulations
- Effective OH&S Working Committees
- Harassment Investigation in the Workplace
- Workers' Compensation
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace: Starting the Conversation
- Managing Shiftwork and Workload
- Sprains, Aches and Pains (Ergonomics)
- Duty to Accommodate.
Course details and the conference registration form are available
Saskatchewan Federation of Labour Convention
Regina, SK - October 24 to 27
This year's convention is a milestone as SFL president Larry Hubich will be retiring after 16 years at the helm of the labour movement in Saskatchewan. The convention will elect Brother Hubich's successor and GSU delegates will be there to participate in this historic event.
GSU's calendar of events is regularly updated and available on GSU's web page: gsu.ca
The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday. If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com