Anything can happen, but these are our calendar highlights for Oct. 9 to 12 at GSU:
- The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday, oh wait Wednesday this week! If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- staff representative Steve Torgerson met with a member on Tuesday morning
- general secretary Hugh Wagner and Steve Torgerson have a meeting with an employer on Tuesday afternoon.
- Steve Torgerson will attend a Step 2 grievance meeting on Thursday.
- GSU staff rep Dale Markling will be temporarily absent from work until December. Dale underwent successful hip replacement surgery and is in post-operation recovery. GSU staff reps Steve Torgerson and Donna Driediger, as well as general secretary Hugh Wagner, will be covering Dale's responsibilities while he is away. Members who would normally contact Dale at the Saskatoon office for assistance or information are urged to call the GSU office in Regina toll free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com.
Annual General Membership Meetings this week:
Sub-Local 14.1 (Richardson - White City) - October 10 - 6:30 pm.m at Rock Creek East, Regina
Local 7 (Heartland) - October 11 - 12:00 noon conference call.
Sub-Local 1.3 (Viterra - Moose Jaw) - October 13 - 10:00 a.m. at the Yara Centre, Moose Jaw.
Other things on our calendars:
Local 14 Bargaining Dates
November 1-2, 2018
Local 14's bargaining committee is Dennis Piasta (Kindersley), Dylan Pilon (Assiniboia), Justin Shauf (Langenburg) and general secretary Hugh Wagner. The Local's bargaining proposals will be published following the first meeting with Company management. Regular updates will be released as the bargaining proceeds.
Joint Executive Council Meeting
October 25, 2018
The autumn semi-annual meeting of GSU's Joint Executive Council (board of directors) will be held in Regina on October 25. JEC representatives will receive an update on administration, finances and current business of the union.
Saskatchewan Federation of Labour Convention
Regina, SK - October 24 to 27
This year's convention is a milestone as SFL president Larry Hubich will be retiring after 16 years at the helm of the labour movement in Saskatchewan. The convention will elect Brother Hubich's successor and GSU delegates will be there to participate in this historic event.
GSU's calendar of events is regularly updated and available on GSU's web page: gsu.ca
The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday. If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org