Anything can happen, but these are our calendar highlights for Sept. 17 to 21 at GSU:
Check out these upcoming education opportunities
- general secretary Hugh Wagner, staff representative Donna Driediger and GSU legal counsel Ronni Nordal met with a GSU member on Monday
- staff representative Dale Markling met with a member on Tuesday
- Hugh Wagner, staff representatives Steve Torgerson and Donna Driediger met with an employer on Tuesday
- The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday. If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com
- Hugh Wagner is attending a committee meeting at the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour on Tuesday
GSU members who sign up and are approved to participate in GSU-sanctioned events will have their time off work, wages, and expenses covered in accordance with GSU's expense policies (child care included). GSU staff will also assist you with arranging the time off with your employer.
Submit your expression of interest to your staff rep or directly to GSU by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending either of these events.
Wicihitowin Aboriginal Engagement Conference
October 17-18, 2018
TCU Place, 35-22nd Street East, Saskatoon, SK
Treaty 6 and Homeland of the Métis
The 4th Annual Wicihitowin Aboriginal Engagement Conference will focus on issues concerning Aboriginal engagement and human service delivery issues. If you're working towards respectful Aboriginal engagement and inclusion within a community based setting, this conference is for you.
The conference will:
- Provide non-Aboriginal organizations with resources to assist in engaging Indigenous people as employees and volunteers
- Support organizations working to incorporate Aboriginal values within program and service delivery settings with the goal of creating culturally respectful organizations.
Contact your staff representative for more information if you are interested in attending this conference.
Saskatchewan Federation of Labour Convention
Regina, SK - October 24 to 27
This year's convention is a milestone as SFL president Larry Hubich will be retiring after 16 years at the helm of the labour movement in Saskatchewan. The convention will elect Brother Hubich's successor and GSU delegates will be there to participate in this historic event.
GSU's calendar of events is regularly updated and available on GSU's web page: gsu.ca
The Tuesday Members' Memo is emailed to GSU members weekly on Tuesday. If you know a co-worker who doesn't receive the TMM and would like to, have them call GSU toll-free at 1.866.522.6686 or send an email to email@example.com