2021 Summer Virtual Events
Richard Fountain, NCTM, President-Elect
Mark your calendars! We’ve got several great online events planned for our “un-Convention” this June. Thanks to all of the chairs who are putting in the time and effort to make this happen!
Friday, June 18 – TMTA Collegiate Conference
From Dr. Mario Ajero, NCTM
- The Conference of Texas Collegiate Chapters occurs annually in June at the state convention. College student members present sessions and workshops on a variety of topics for their peers and TMTA members of all ages.
- This year’s TMTA Collegiate Conference will be Friday, June 18 between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm CST and held virtually over Zoom with student poster sessions, presentations, faculty workshops, and guest performances by new college faculty. There will also be opportunities to network with other collegiate chapters, advisors, and teachers from across the state of Texas.
- Registration is free and open to not just TMTA Collegiate Members but also to all TMTA Members.
Saturday, June 19 – IMTF Forum
Facilitated by Dr. Scott Donald, NCTM
- Join the Independent Music Teachers Forum for a discussion about our adjustments to pandemic-era teaching, a session on mindfulness in music, and to brainstorm about where we go from here!
- This session will run from 2:00pm-5:00pm on Saturday, June 19. Zoom information will be given out in early June. There is no cost or registration needed to attend this session.
Sunday, June 20 – Delegate Assembly/General Session
Facilitated by Dr. Richard Fountain, NCTM, Dr. Roy Wylie, NCTM,
and Stathia Orwig, NCTM
- Enjoy a time of sharing, Q/A, and musical enjoyment with your TMTA colleagues. In the General Session and Delegate Assembly, we will present reports from TMTA officers, hear comments, and take questions from our local association delegates on behalf of their membership.
- The session will include wonderful new music from the commissioned composers who would have presented their work at the 2020 and 2021 Conventions.
- For those of you who have not yet named your delegates from your local associations, please send the names of those delegates to Dr. Richard Fountain no later than June 1.
- This session will run from 3:00pm-5:00pm on Sunday, June 20. Zoom information will be sent to everyone in early June. There will be no cost or registration needed to attend.
Looking forward to a fantastic time of sharing, networking, and learning!