Along with the change in temperature that summer brings, it’s also bringing a change in lifestyle as we slowly approach a “new normal.” However, while some of us are raring to get out there and restart our prior lives, we need to be aware that some of us are not quite ready to take that step or be able to due to certain health issues that make us vulnerable.
Also remember that the Caring Collaborative is here for you. We are exploring ways in which we can safely re-introduce some of the in-person assistance we had provided pre-covid and will let you know soon when those activities can resume. Meanwhile, enjoy the great weather and stay healthy!
Don’t miss these articles:
- “Tips for Older Adults to Regain Their Game After Being Cooped Up for More Than a Year” by Judith Graham, KHN
- “Health TIP: Act F.A.S.T. – if you spot any signs of a STROKE” from the American Stroke Association
- “Take Advantage of a New Federal Law Enabling You to Access Your Medical Records Rapidly and at No Cost” by Barbara Stahura
- “Age-Proofing Your Home” by Barbara Alpern
And be sure to check out:
- Spring Neighborhood Group Reports
- In Case You Missed It, by Sally Dougan
Barbara Alpern, Chair, Caring Collaborative
Karen Gens & The Caring Collaborative Council
Shawndra Card-Grant, Production Editor