Betty Rauch, 9 Year Member &
Mimi Grinker, 9 Year Member
As the song goes, “Look for a silver lining”
Life is full of surprises
Full of ups and downs
And so to have a silver lining,
first there must be clouds
We’ve certainly had a few clouds this year, but for those of you who are going virtual, here are some lighthearted upsides that may have escaped your notice:
- No arguments about who is sitting where at the table. All Zoom squares are equal. And it doesn’t matter whether you are on the right or the left.
- No standing in front of the gravy you’re cooking, praying that it will thicken.
- You don’t have to color the back of your hair.
- Some of you will be able to wear pajama bottoms.
- You do not have to serve Aunt Mae’s Jell-O mold or that squash recipe with the disgusting marshmallows.
- You do not have to figure out what spatchcocking means.
- You don’t have to include gluten-free and/or vegan and/or vegetarian and/or Kosher and/or Hallal options. The list goes on.
- You can invite as many strangers as will fit on a screen – and you won’t run out of food.
Although our brave and fearless leader, The Great Fauci, says “Stay home with only those who live in your household,” other infectious disease gurus suggest that if you opt for a small gathering, at least practice Safe at Home Entertaining... MORE