As a result of the funds available for professional development through the one-time Educator Effectiveness grant, TUSD was able to send 163 staff members to the PLC At Work Institute in San Jose on July 19-21.
PLC experts Tim Brown, Mike Mattos, and Luis Cruz inspired us with keynotes on Creating a School of High Expectations, When All Means All, and Igniting the PLC Process.
This year, we will continue to progress in our PLC implementation by being tight on the following:
1. Working in collaborative teams to take collective responsibility for student learning;
2. Implementing a guaranteed and viable curriculum;
3. Monitoring student learning through ongoing, team-developed common formative assessments;
4. Using data to build the team’s capacity;
5. Providing systematic interventions and enrichments;
Throughout the year, we will have the support of Solution Tree Associates as they provide embedded coaching at the site and district.