Dear Tabor Court Family,
As you know, we have been regularly updating our policies, procedures, and activities around here in response to COVID-19. With that has come some confusion and questions, which we wanted to help clear up.
DELIVERIES & DROP-OFFS
Research indicates that COVID-19 can live for up to 3 days on hard surfaces like plastic and metal, and it can live up to 24 hours on cardboard/paper. Therefore:
- NO PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS are allowed into our homes. This includes:
- Fast food
- Baked goods
- Milk and dairy products
- Fresh fruit
- Or anything else that is unable to sit for 1-3 days
- Laundry will no longer be allowed to leave the building to be done by family members and returned to residents/tenants.
- Deliveries of letters or cards will be held for 24 hours before they are delivered to residents. We strongly encourage you to email letters, artwork, or pictures for your loved ones via our website here: https://website.taborvillage.org/covid-19-info/
- Care packages or products are being thoroughly sanitized before they are delivered to residents. If there are any paper or cardboard products in the care package, they will be removed and stored for 24 hours before they’re delivered to your loved one. Please take this into consideration when delivering products to ensure they arrive in time to account for this waiting period so your loved one does not run out of necessary items.
- Birthdays - No cakes are allowed, but flowers can be delivered 24 hours before
ALL DELIVERIES CAN BE MADE BETWEEN 10AM - 2PM
Daily life and activities might look a little different around here, but it does not mean activity has stopped. Below are just some of the ways we are keeping activity and social opportunities alive and well:
- Supervised walks around the building, which tenants sign up for
- Exercises with groups of 8 max, which tenants must sign up for
- Bocce with small group sizes, which tenants must sign up for
- Movie days with limited seating
- Piano/instruments in the chapel available for tenants to play with limited seating
- Spiritual Care via the Clearbrook Church TV channel (CFEG-Channel 19) 7 days a week
- Dining room seating - only 25 tenants in the dining room at a time and only one person per table
We love and value every resident who calls Tabor Village home, which is why you can rest assured that we are working hard to keep activities and social opportunities available. You can also rest assured that we have plenty of good and healthy food available so your loved ones are being looked after in all areas of need. We have these policies in place so we can continue to keep them safe and protected, which means keeping COVID-19 OUT of our homes.
Thank you for helping us put the safety of your loved ones first. This truly is a team effort and we greatly appreciate your support throughout this difficult journey.
Dan Levitt, MSc., CHE
604-859-8715 ext. 102