New User Setup in GAGEtrak 7
- Navigate to the Setup -> Security -> Users tab.
- Enter a User ID (must be a unique identifier).
- Enter the user's name.
- Click Add.
- Click OK on the User Added message.
- You will be prompted to add the user to the staff table (if the user has not already been added). Click Yes and make sure you add at least the ID, name and email address (you can always add a user to the staff table at a later time).
- Back on the Users tab, you will see a list of groups on the left side. To add a user to the group, select the group on the left and then click Add. Assign each user to only one group. The most commonly used group is the Users group.
- Admin Group - Allows full access to GAGEtrak
- Users Group - Allows access to all fields except deleting records, settings and security Calibration Group - Allows user to enter in new calibration records only
- Issue Group - Allows user to issue and return gages only
- Guest Group - View-only access which does not allow members to make any changes
If you do not assign a password at the time of creating the user, then upon the user's first login, creation of a password will be required. To assign a password, you would click the
Password button and enter a password for the user.
Once you have set up your users (with at least one Admin), it is time to enable security.
Navigate to the
Setup -> Settings -> Security sub-tab. Check the
Enable Security checkbox. In the pop-up that says that "you will need to restart GAGEtrak for the changes to be complete", click
OK. Close and restart GAGEtrak.
We encourage you to explore the GAGEtrak Support Portal and as always, keep an eye out for future Tech Tips.