BYOB…it’s not what you think! How about “Be Your Own Boss!” That is this year’s theme for the 2022 Entrepreneur Pitch. October 18th is the date and now is the time to begin planning to compete for serious cash that can help you launch a new business or add new products or services to your existing one.
Once again, the Wetzel-Tyler Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the EQT Foundation, our sponsor, to provide a platform for up and coming new businesses or enhancements to existing young businesses.
We are making a few changes to the program this year to make it a more inclusive community event. As many of you may know, last year due to COVID-19 restrictions, the presentations were live for a panel of judges only. This year, you will all be judges!
· All interested entrepreneurs will submit an application to the Chamber by September 19 (Link below).
· All applicants will be screened for eligibility.
· Once eligibility is determined, applicants will be invited to submit a video of their business.
· Videos will be posted to the Chamber website with links to our social media sites for sharing.
· The community will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite business.
· The top five with the highest internet votes will be invited to present at our live event.
In person voting will take place at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in New Martinsville. Ballots may be obtained at the event for $5 minimum donation with the proceeds going toward future Entrepreneur Pitch events. Votes will be tallied while you mingle and enjoy a delicious array of free hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Winners will be announced after the tally is completed.
We are hoping for a fun community event that has the potential to increase goods and services to our area. The live event will provide an opportunity for supporters of our applicants to cheer them on in person and to increase their vote count. It’s a real win-win for everyone!
So, mark your calendars for October 18, 2022 and look to our Events page for upcoming details.