|Love God |
- Tell what Jesus says in Matt 23:1-12 in your own words.
- Let everyone take a turn being the church leaders and telling everyone what they need to do.
- What does it mean to be a servant?
- Verse of the week: "Whoever is the greatest should be the servant of the others." Matthew 23:11 CEV
- Pray: Dear God, help us to share your love with others, not so that we look good, but that others know you are good. In Jesus' name, amen.
|TABLE TALK, CAR CONVERSATIONS, BEDTIME BANTER
- What's the best thing about dressing up in a costume?
- What character would you most like to dress up as?
- What are you really good at?
- How do you know when someone really cares about you?
- What does it mean to be humble? Can you name a humble person?
|Serve the World |
- Being a servant takes practice. What if your family took this week to serve one another: take turns serving each other at meals; doing the other person's chores; letting the other be first; serving each other in little ways. What would it mean for your relationships? Would it help you to be more like Jesus?
- Visit the Serve page on www.GodsGraceCC.com to learn about ministry partners you might join God in serving.
|Devotional Note for Parents |
Jesus' call to humble, servant living flies in the face of the pressure we face each day to be successful, to be number one and to win. Parents have the burden to be successful-and-to have successful children. Kids have the burden of high expectations. It's hard to know the difference about being the best self God dreams for us and being successful so that others will praise us.
Jesus doesn't expect us to give up doing well or being successful, he just doesn't want us to put on a show of it. And, with his help by spending time in prayer and serving one another, we can successfully live out his call to be humble.