Mt. Hope Park Construction Set to Begin in Late Spring
On Monday, March 19, the Township Board awarded the construction contract for Mt. Hope Park Phase I/II Development and Neighborhood Connector Pathway to E.T. MacKenzie Company, contingent upon formal approval of the award recommendation by the DNR Grants Management Section. Construction should begin mid-May of this year.
The project is the culmination of many years of planning and will include soccer fields, baseball fields, playground, pavilion, restroom and concession building, non-motorized pathways, as well as infrastructure improvements to the park such as water, sewer, roads, drainage, and parking lots.
Construction Notice on West Saginaw
Consumers Energy will be making modifications to their gas piping and infrastructure on Saginaw Highway between Dibble and Waverly beginning on April 2, 2018. Crews will be installing new piping and controls on each side of Saginaw Highway in this area.
Impacts will include:
- Closure of the sidewalk on the north side of Saginaw between Wendy's and Waverly Road. Pedestrian traffic will be re-routed to the south side of Saginaw Hwy. at Waverly.
- CATA bus stop #1838 will be relocated to the east side of Wendy's during the project.
- Dibble will be closed at Saginaw or have intermittent lane reductions.
- Saginaw Highway will have intermittent lane closures of the right turn lane for westbound traffic and the right turn lane for east bound traffic to the east of Dibble. The outside lane of eastbound Saginaw Highway, west of Dibble will also be closed beginning on April 12.
- Local traffic access to all businesses will be maintained.
Piping installation should be completed by April 20. Additional work will occur on Consumers Energy property located immediately west of Wendy's until the end of June 2018, with impacts limited to continuing sidewalk closure and closure of the westbound right turn lane of Saginaw Highway.
Questions or concerns relative to the project should be forwarded to Consumers Energy as follows:
Christy Robbins-Grace 517-374-2335
Jeremy Beard 989-729-3234
Kevin Ehlers 269-221-3860
Spring Cleaning and Lawn Waste
It's that time of year again, spring clean-up time. The Delta Recycling Center has some upcoming events to help you with yard waste and spring cleaning waste.
- Spring Clean-Up Saturday, May 12 - 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. - electronics, household hazardous waste, tires (fees for disposal may be applicable), books, hearing aids and eyeglasses, document shredding, yard waste, limbs (four feet long and no more than four inches in diameter), scrap metal, Freon, and household batteries are a few of the items being accepted at this event. Appointment is required.
Call 517-543-3686 or for online appointments visit www.eatoncounty.org/recycling. Location within Delta Township will be disclosed at time appointment is made. Event is for residents of Eaton County (non-commercial). For updated event information, visit the website.
- 2018 Free Yard Waste Day Delta Township residents can drop off yard waste free of charge on Thursday, May 10, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Delta Township Recycling Center. Township residents must provide a photo identification and a voter ID card, property tax notice, or water/sewer bill to participate in free yard waste day. Yard waste branches can be no longer than 4 feet long and 4 inches in diameter. Yard waste bags or recyclable container are best practices in transporting yard waste to the Recycling Center for disposal, NO PLASTIC BAGS ALLOWED. The size of loads will be limited to no larger than 5 X 8 feet or the back of a full size pick-up. No tandem trailers or cube type vehicles will be permitted. The recycling center will still be open for regular recycling.
- Yard Waste Accepted April 4- October 10, 2018 Open to all Delta Township residents utilizing the Recycling Center for disposal of yard waste. Fees apply; please visit the Delta Township website at www.deltami.gov/recycling for applicable fees or call the Clerk's Office at 323-8500.
- Electronics/Freeon Collection - Delta township offers a monthly (Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) event for electronics and Freon recycling. Upcoming Dates:
Delta Township grants automatic sewer credits to all residential customers April-September. The process referred to as "Summer Sewer Max", assures summer sewer bills will not increase for seasonal water usage such as filling pools and lawn irrigation.
A "sewer maximum" is established by calculating the average winter usage (October-March). This average is the maximum a customer will be billed for sewer April September. Customers will be charged for full water usage during these months, but the sewer portion of the bill will not exceed the "sewer maximum". Therefore, customers will avoid paying sewer charges for excess water usage during the summer months. In addition, this policy makes secondary irrigation meters unnecessary.
This credit is automatic and does not require you to contact us. However, if you have any questions regarding the calculation of the sewer credit, please contact the Delta Township Accounting Department at 323-8510.
Join the Delta Township Senior Council and Explore What Delta has to Offer
Members of the Delta Township Senior Council can tell you that if you are looking to expand your circle of friends while engaging in Township initiatives and programs, the Delta Township Senior Council has a place for you.
Have you ever attended a Lunchtime Lecture or presentation at our Township Library? Are you interested in using the new outdoor gym or seen the community rock garden in Sharp Park? Would you consider planting trees in Grand Woods Park to celebrate Arbor Day? Or have you taken advantage of our Reader's Theater Group that performs at various senior living centers, in Delta parks, and at the Township library? If so, then you have participated in one of the many opportunities that the Delta Senior Council has helped to facilitate for seniors throughout the Township.
The Senior Council, which celebrates its third anniversary this spring, provides many recreational, educational, and social opportunities for those 50 and older. Additionally, the Council collaborates with existing organizations that provide services to Delta seniors. If you are a senior and would like to meet other active seniors and participate in fun activities and programs while learning more about our vibrant community, please consider becoming a Council member.
Check us out on Facebook or contact Gloria Kovnot, Delta Senior Council Chairperson, with any questions at
Spring is Here: Why Not Let Us Help You Spruce Up Your Neighborhood?
Over the course of 2017, Delta neighborhoods took advantage of the Neighborhood Beautification Grant program offered through the Township to help improve the aesthetics of their residential areas.
This program was created so residential neighborhoods and neighborhood organizations can apply for matching funds for improving their identification and welcome signs to their neighborhood. Matching funds will be available on a first come/first serve basis and typical grant awards are in the amount of $500. It is part of the Township's goal to help create community identity, neighborhood involvement, and encourage and maintain the character of residential neighborhoods.
To provide funding assistance and promote neighborhood engagement by encouraging neighbors to participate in beautification projects at entrance points of their respective neighborhoods. Qualified projects will be eligible for a 50% match up to a maximum of $500. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Construction and installation of new neighborhood entrance signs
- Rehabilitation of existing entrance signs
- Enhanced landscaping in public/common areas or around entrance signs
- Lighting improvements at entrance signs
- Public benches
Completed applications should be submitted to the Delta Township Accounting Department. All applications received will be reviewed within 30 days of receipt. Once a grant has been awarded, the project lead person will be notified via email. For questions about the grant program please contact Jeff Anderson, Finance Director at 517-323-8510 or via email at
Delta Passport Drives Offer Opportunity for After-hours Application Processing
The Delta Township Clerk's Office accepts passport applications year around during regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Clerk's Office is offering passport drives during 2018. One picture is required when submitting a passport application
(Form DS-11 ONLY) and can be obtained at the Clerk's Office for a $12.00 fee. If you are in need of a new passport, or to renew your existing passport, and find it difficult to get to our office during regular office hours mark your calendar.
The Clerk's Office will be open to accept passport applications (Form DS-11 ONLY)
on the following dates in 2018:
Sat., May 5 -
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sat., Aug. 4 -
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wed., Sept. 12 - 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thur., Sept. 20 -
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Tues., Oct. 2 -
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for documentation requirements, fees, and application at www.travel.state.gov.
Please call the Delta Township Clerk's Office at 323-8500 if you have any questions or require more information.
Try a Mobile Hotspot Today -
With Spring Break around the corner why rely on public hotspots or drain your data plan on those long trips when you could take your own WiFi with you? Mobile Hotspots are available at the Delta Township District Library to checkout for seven days with a current library card. For more information, please call 517-321-4014.
Senior Council's Arbor Day Tree Planting
will be held Saturday, April 21 at Grand Woods Park (rain date April 28).
Be a part of making our Delta Township parks environmentally green. We will be planting 100 trees. This year, a Girl Scout troop from Waverly will be assisting with the planting. Wear long pants, long sleeves and gloves. All equipment will be provided but if you have a favorite shovel, please bring it. Trees are less than a foot tall so planting will consist of making a shovel slit, putting the tree in, tapping the ground down with your foot and giving it a quart of water (provided). Each tree shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to plant. Meet at the parking lot by the picnic pavilion at 9:30 a.m. Planting will likely get underway at about 10 a.m. after driving back to the tree planting site.
Five-0 5K Event
- Please join us for this family fun event on Sunday, May 6 at 10 a.m. at Sharp Park. Bring the kids to check out all the police cars, boats, motorcycles, SRT truck, and more. We will also have a SRT obstacle course for the kids. Proceeds from this event will be used to maintain a memorial fund to show our gratitude for fallen officers at Eaton County. For more information email
The Eaton County Clerk's office and Treasurer's office is holding hours in the lower level of the Delta Township Administration Building.
Please see the following schedule for days and times the satellite office will be open:
Holds hours every first and third Friday of each month
from 9 a.m. to
Holds hours every second and fourth Friday of each month from
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delta Township Employees
Parks & Recreation
Delta Township District Library Director
Eaton Co. Sheriff's Department Delta Patrol
Delta Public Transportation Option
EATRAN is a countywide open-door, curb-to-curb public transportation service offered in Eaton County.
Click the map to view the service area.
Call to Schedule a ride at:
Click here for more information.
Have questions, comments or suggestions?
Township Manager's Office
Delta Township Office
7710 W. Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
Overnight Parking Ordinance Reminder
With RV Season upon us, we would like to remind our residents that no person shall park any vehicle, including a vehicle used for commercial or recreational purposes, or any trailer on either side of any highway, freeway, street, or roadway located within the township between 2 a.m. and 6a.m. of any day.
A person who violates this section will receive a municipal civil infraction. The civil fine associated with this section shall be set from time to time by the Township Board by resolution.
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone about overnight parking, please contact the Manager's Office at 517-323-8590.
Interested in Applying for a Facade Improvement Grant for Your Business?
Businesses along the east end of the Saginaw corridor (Waverly to Elmwood) will now have an opportunity to apply for some financial assistance from a facade improvement program offered and funded by the Delta Township Economic Development Corporation.
This program is part of an effort by the Township's EDC to improve the aesthetics of building fronts along areas of the Saginaw corridor that have aged and/or fallen into disrepair and encourage improvements.
The Delta Township Economic Development Corporation meets quarterly and works to improve economic development in Delta. If you have any questions about this program, please call Economic Development Coordinator Ed Reed at 517-323-8560.