Are you Ready for the August 2 Primary?
Get the scoop on the August Primary Election for Delta Township from Delta Township Clerk Mary Clark. Click the image above to view this important information.
Enter the "I Am Delta" Video Contest
Show your Delta pride and enter the "I Am Delta" video contest! Three winners will be selected to appear in the 2016 "I Am Delta" promotional video which will premiere during the 2016 Delta Township Community Awards Event on October 27 at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West.
Here's how to enter:
- Create your own unique "I Am Delta" video.
- Upload your video to a video hosting service, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
- Visit http://bit.ly/IAmDeltaVideoContest and fill out the entry form. (be sure to include the link to your video)
- Submit your entry before 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 19.
- Entries must include "I Am Delta" either visually or verbally. In group instances, the phrase "We Are Delta" may be substituted.
- Entries may include a single individual or a group of people.
- Entries must be filmed within Delta Township.
- Entries may not exceed 30 seconds in length.
- All entries must be submitted via the online entry form.
- Contestants must upload their videos to an online video service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and provide a weblink to that video via the online form.
- Videos may not contain any profane, sexually explicit or copyrighted materials and must agree to all terms and conditions.
All materials submitted to the contest become the property of Delta Township.
Entry Deadline is 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 19
Winners will be selected by a committee comprised of Delta Township staff and elected officials. Winners will be announced in September.
Join Local Law Enforcement for the "National Night Out" Event
Join the Eaton County Sheriff's Office and Delta Patrol on Tuesday, August 2 at Sharp Park from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
for a cookout to show community unity against crime.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Celebrating its 33rd year, neighbors across thousands of communities from all 50 states, United States territories, U.S. military bases worldwide and Canada participate in the event.
Delta Township Upcoming Events
Music/Entertainment in the Park
Come out for the 17th season of free live concerts and family oriented shows. We have a great season lined up for you so pack a picnic, bring a blanket or lawn chair if you would like, and join in for a great time. All shows will be held at the Sharp Park Amphitheater.
- Rosco the Clown: Family Friendly Jokes, Balloon Animals, and More - Sunday, August 14, 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Party of 7: Classic Rock and More - Tuesday. August 23
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Touch A Truck
If you like trucks and cars, then come on out for a great time. It's time for the annual Touch a Truck Day where kids young and old can touch, honk, and climb on the many vehicles on display. Join us on Saturday, August 13 at Sharp Park from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Vehicles on display will include fire trucks, ambulances, backhoes, snow plows, dump trucks, garbage trucks, semis and more. Concessions will also be available.
If you have a truck or piece of heavy equipment and would like to be included, please call 517.323.8555 or
email Barb Kellogg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gather up your young athletes and join us for the 19th Annual Pre-School Olympics on
Thursday, August 18, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Delta Mills Park. The "Olympic" events include an obstacle course, discus throw, basketball shoot, miniature golf, batting, horseshoe toss, hockey, and of course temporary tattoos. You may do the events in any order your child likes. The entire family is encouraged to come out and cheer on their young Olympians.
Please call 517.323.8555 or
to let us know how many family members will be attending (how many participants and how many spectators), as refreshments will be served for all, courtesy of the Delta Lions Club. There is no admission fee, but you are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for the less fortunate.
Show & Tell Nature Walks
Join us for a series of participatory nature walks as we explore the plants and wildlife in Delta Township parks. The walks will have a leader but we invite all walkers to be active participants and share their knowledge. Please wear good walking shoes and bring water. Walks will start promptly at the scheduled time and will last approximately an hour. Walks are suitable for the entire family and children will be given a nature log to record their findings.
- Wednesday, September 21, 6:00 p.m. - Delta Center Cemetery Walk in cooperation with the Delta Township Historical Society.
- Sunday, October 9, 11:00 a.m. - Grand Woods Park, meet by the open air shelter.
Visit our website for more information
2016 Road Projects in Delta Township
The Eaton County Road Commission has announced road resurfacing projects that will be completed during the 2016 construction season in Delta Township.
Click here to view the local road millage map.
Click here to view the major road millage map.
Delta Welcomes New Township Engineer
Ernest (Ernie) West, P.E. is the newest addition to Delta Township. He will oversee all engineering projects for the township, as well as work with other government and private entities on cooperative projects.
Ernie is a
1999 graduate of Michigan State University where he earned his Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering. He also holds a
Professional Engineer's license and has been licensed in the state of Michigan since 2003.
Ernie comes to Delta from
Capital Consultants/C2AE, where he was a construction engineer and project manager for local, state and federal government clients since 1999. Ernie s
erved in the U.S. Army between 1992 and 1995 and for the Michigan Army National Guard from 1995 to 1998.
He is a m
ember of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Ernie and his wife Jen reside in Laingsburg with their two children. Welcome to Delta Township Ernie.
Delta Township Congratulates
Auto-Owners Insurance Celebrating 100 Years of Business
On June 18, Supervisor Ken Fletcher and Trustee Dennis Fedewa presented Auto-Owners Insurance with a resolution to commemorate their 100th year in business on behalf of the Delta Township Board.
Auto-Owners Insurance began in 1916 in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. The company moved to Lansing, Michigan in 1917, and in 1975, chose Delta Township as their headquarters. In 2009, the company acquired the former Blue Cross Blue Shield Complex expanding their operations to include a second campus within the Township.
Auto-Owners is a Fortune 500 Company, represented by more than 6,200 independent agencies, operating in 26 states, and employs more than 4,200 associates, 2,400 of which are located at their Delta Township campuses.
The company's success, relationships, and reputation for excellence are built on ten key values: Honesty, Hard Work, Prudence, Loyalty, the Team, Relationships, Opportunities for Associates, the Customer, Stability & Consistency, and Profit.
Auto-Owners supports numerous non-profit and charitable organizations, priding itself as being a valued corporate citizen of the Delta Township community. They have also sponsored various public events including the annual Delta Township Fireworks Show and the Delta Township Community Awards Program.
Nominate Delta's Best for the Delta Township Community Awards
Do you know a Delta To
wnship business or resident that should be recognized for their contributions to the community?
The Delta Township Board is seeking nominations for the 11th Annual Delta Township Community Awards Program. This year's event will be held on Thursday, October 27 at 5:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel.
(Pictured: 2015 Delta Community Awards Recipients)
Nominations are being sought in each of the following four categories:
- The Citizen of the Year Award was established to honor selected individual citizens whose extraordinary contributions go "above and beyond" to enhance the quality of life and general reputation of the township.
- The Young Person of the Year Award was established to honor a selected high school senior who has made a positive contribution to the community, is an example to their peers, may have excelled in academics, music, arts, athletics, etc., or has successfully faced personal challenges. A $2,000 academic scholarship will be awarded to the selected individual.
- The Community Organization of the Year Award was established to honor selected groups or organizations for their dedication in serving and promoting Delta Township through volunteer contributions to a project, program or ongoing activity that has impacted the quality of life in Delta Township, provided leadership over a period of years, thereby contributing to the township's character, and/or made a valuable contribution that has enhanced the quality of life for residents of Delta Township.
- The Business of the Year Award was established to honor selected Delta Township businesses or business persons who have been responsible for exceptional outcomes between and among businesses, governments, and nonprofit organizations; OR, have served as a role model for other business; OR, have gone above and beyond the scope of business to support and promote Delta Township.
All nominations must be submitted no later than Monday, October 3, at 5:00 p.m. Nominations may be submitted online
The Eaton County Clerk's Office and Treasurer's office will hold hours in the Delta Township Administration Building.
Please see the following schedule for days and times the satellite office will be open:
County Clerk will hold hours every first and third Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to
County Treasurer will hold hours every second and fourth Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delta Township Employees
Parks & Recreation
Delta Township District Library Director
Eaton Co. Sheriff's Office Delta Patrol
Delta Public Transportation Options
Use Delta Redi-Ride to travel within Delta Township, or to connect with the following CATA fixed-route buses for seamless service to downtown Lansing and the greater Lansing area.
Delta Redi-Ride will not provide transportation to or from schools when school bus transportation is available to a student.
Call to schedule a ride at
(517) 394-CATA (2282)
The Redi-Ride Reservation Line is open:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
Click the map to view the service area.
EATRAN is a countywide open-door, curb-to-curb public transportation service offered in Eaton County.
Click the map to view the service area.
Call to Schedule a ride at: 517-543-4087
Click here for more information.
Have questions, comments or suggestions?
Delta Township Office
7710 W. Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
5330 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, MI 48917
Open: Mon - Sat
10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
No pets allowed
For complete list of all
Metro Lansing Cooling
Keep an eye on your mailbox for the first edition of the
Semi-Annual Update "Delta Now!" This new publication showcases the great things that have taken place in Delta Township over the past six months.
What's New in Delta
- Plans have been submitted for a 27 space parking lot addition for the Michigan Secretary of State building at 8158 Executive Court.
- Gander Mountain is scheduled to open their new store at 8757 Delta Market Drive on October 7.
- The Grand reopening of the Coffee Jam will take place on Monday, August 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.