Delta Rocks! Family Festival
Draws Thousands to the Township
This year marked another successful event for the Delta Rocks! Family Festival, which was held Saturday, June 25. The warm weather and family-friendly activities drew thousands of people to Sharp Park for the event.
Festival goers enjoyed several activities including
the trackless train, super sling shot, rock wall, sports battle, trampoline, screamer slide, and the mobile petting zoo.
Delta Fire crews were also on hand for touch-a-truck event and their fire safety unit. Several local organizations and political candidates were in attendance as well.
DTDL Offers Summer Fun for the Whole Family!
Delta Township's Annual
Delta Township's Annual Fireworks Show will be held Sunday, July 3 at 10:00 p.m. at Sharp Park. Join thousands of other area residents for the Independence Day celebration!
The parking lot at Sharp park will not be open to public parking for this event. There are several large parking lots in the vicinity for spectators including the mall lots immediately to the south of the park. A concession stand will be open for purchasing refreshments or you may bring your own picnic lunch, grill, or cooler. A permit is required for alcoholic beverages and one can be obtained at the Parks and Recreation Department at no charge. The park also has playgrounds, tennis courts, a basketball court, a fishing pond, and more!
This event would not be possible without the support of local businesses. Click
for a full list of our event sponsors.
Lawn chairs, blankets and mosquito repellent are highly recommended. The fireworks are scheduled to begin around 10 p.m.
Delta Township Upcoming Events
Music/Entertainment in the Park
Come out for the 17th season of free live concerts and family oriented shows. We have a great season lined up for you so pack a picnic, bring a blanket or lawn chair if you would like, and join in for a great time. All shows will be held at the Sharp Park Amphitheater.
- Ray Kamalay's Musical Flea Market: Wide Variety of Styles -
- Sunday, July 17, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m..
- Rosco the Clown: Family Friendly Jokes, Balloon Animals, and More - Sunday, August 14, 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Party of 7: Classic Rock and More - Tuesday. August 23
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Show & Tell Nature Walks
Join us for a series of participatory nature walks as we explore the plants and wildlife in Delta Township Parks. The walks will have a leader but we invite all walkers to be active participants and share their knowledge. Please wear good walking shoes and bring water. Walks will start promptly at the scheduled time and will last approximately an hour. Walks are suitable for the entire family and children will be given a nature log to record their findings.
- Wednesday, September 21, 6:00 p.m. - Delta Center Cemetery Walk in cooperation with the Delta Township Historical Society.
- Sunday, October 9, 11:00 a.m. - Grand Woods Park, meet by the open air shelter.
Visit our website for more information
Delta Township Welcomes
On June 12, the Special Transitory Food Unit Ordinance (also known as the Food Truck Ordinance) went into effect in Delta Township. Registered food trucks are now allowed to operate within the township, and could bring some exciting new food options to the area.
Anyone wishing to operate a special transitory food unit within the township must be registered via the township's planning department or manager's office. You may read the ordinance in its entirety and download an application at bit.ly/Delta-Food-Trucks.
What's New in Delta
Tabooli's Restaurant, located at the northwest corner of the Waverly Rd. and St. Joe Hwy. is now open for business.
Ayles Tree Service removed several trees for the proposed sidewalk on the north side of St. Joe Highway, just east of Creyts Road earlier this month.
Plans have been submitted for a Great Clips barber shop in the former Embassy Grill suite at 6131 W. Saginaw.
A beauty supply store has announced that they're planning on occupying a 3,000 sq. ft. suite in the vacant building located at 6209 W. Saginaw.
The Eaton County Treasurer is scheduled to hold a tax auction at 6:00 p.m. at the County Courthouse on September 8. The Delta Township properties up for auction are located at 528 S. Waverly Rd., 4430 Old Lansing Road, and a vacant lot on Trenton Place in the Williamsburg Subdivision.
Panera Bread has submitted building prints for a proposed free-standing store in the Lansing Mall parking lot, just to the west of the Sleep Doctor Mattress Store.
The "Fullers Lawn Equipment" sign at 4607 W. Saginaw has been changed to "The Power Barn." Last month Power Barn took ownership of the business.
L.D. Clark has submitted site plans for a 50,000 sq. ft. warehouse building on four lots in the Westland Park Industrial Subdivision on Empire Way. The warehouse is for an auto supplier.
KFC has submitted building plans for a remodel of their store at 4509 W. Saginaw.
Nominations are Being Accepted for the Delta Township Community Awards
Do you know a Delta To
wnship business or resident that should be recognized for their contributions to the community?
The Delta Township Board is seeking nominations for the 11th Annual Delta Township Community Awards Program. This year's event will be held on Thursday, October 27 at 5:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West Hotel.
(Pictured: 2015 Delta Community Awards Recipients)
Nominations are being sought in each of the following four categories:
- The Citizen of the Year Award was established to honor selected individual citizens whose extraordinary contributions go "above and beyond" to enhance the quality of life and general reputation of the township.
- The Young Person of the Year Award was established to honor a selected high school senior who has made a positive contribution to the community, is an example to their peers, may have excelled in academics, music, arts, athletics, etc., or has successfully faced personal challenges. A $2,000 academic scholarship will be awarded to the selected individual.
- The Community Organization of the Year Award was established to honor selected groups or organizations for their dedication in serving and promoting Delta Township through volunteer contributions to a project, program or ongoing activity that has impacted the quality of life in Delta Township, provided leadership over a period of years, thereby contributing to the township's character, and/or made a valuable contribution that has enhanced the quality of life for residents of Delta Township.
- The Business of the Year Award was established to honor selected Delta Township businesses or business persons who have been responsible for exceptional outcomes between and among businesses, governments, and nonprofit organizations; OR, have served as a role model for other business; OR, have gone above and beyond the scope of business to support and promote Delta Township.
All nominations must be submitted no later than Monday, October 3, at 5:00 p.m. Nominations may be submitted online
Eaton County Satellite Office
The Eaton County Clerk's and Treasurer's offices will hold hours in the Delta Township Administration Building.
Please see the following schedule for days and times the satellite office will be open:
County Clerk will hold hours every first and third Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to
County Treasurer will hold hours every second and fourth Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delta Township Employees
Parks & Recreation
Delta Township District Library Director
Eaton Co. Sheriff's Office Delta Patrol
Delta Public Transportation Options
Use Delta Redi-Ride to travel within Delta Township, or to connect with the following CATA fixed-route buses for seamless service to downtown Lansing and the greater Lansing area.
Delta Redi-Ride will not provide transportation to or from schools when school bus transportation is available to a student.
Call to schedule a ride at
(517) 394-CATA (2282)
The Redi-Ride Reservation Line is open:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
Click the map to view the service area.
EATRAN is a countywide open-door, curb-to-curb public transportation service offered in Eaton County.
Click the map to view the service area.
Call to Schedule a ride at: 517-543-4087
Click here for more information.
Have questions, comments or suggestions?
Delta Township Office
7710 W. Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917