Visiting Artist Program
Tipton County Public Library
is looking to hire artists and/or arts educators to teach a five-day cultural art camp that introduces the arts and mediums of painting/drawing in different cultures. The library hopes that the program will help students develop understanding and empathy. The camp will be for children ages 6-13 and be held March 26-30, 2018.
The library is looking for teaching artists or arts educators who can assist with presenting information about different cultures. Artists should be knowledgeable or willing and able to research art forms from a diverse range of cultures, such as:
- Adinkra Fabric Print/Painting from Ghana OR West Africa Mask Painting
- Ink Wash Painting from China or Sumi-e Painting from Japan
- Aboriginal Dot Painting from Australia
- Amate Bark Painting from Mexico
- Ebru Marbling from Turkey
Artists will be paid to work with the library to create and present content during the five-day cultural art camp in March 2017.