All members of our faculty, staff and administration are working diligently to effectively manage the unprecedented situation schools now find themselves in as well as plan as much as we can for the unknowns that are still ahead. Expect to hear more details early next week and throughout the remainder of this month.
In the meantime, we are reaching out to ensure that each student's technology needs will be met if Columbus Academy moves to an online learning model at any point this school year. By now, Columbus Academy students should be able to log into the following resources from home.
School Management and Communication
- My BackPack (all parents/guardians and upper school students)
- MaiaLearning (college planning site for juniors only)
- Columbus Academy Intranet (all students, with families of our youngest Vikings who do not yet regularly sign in for assignments receiving instructions soon)
- Seesaw (lower school students and parents/guardians, with families of our youngest who do not yet log in themselves receiving instructions soon)
- Pearson enVisionmath (lower school students and parents/guardians)
Each student in your family should have access to an internet-enabled device, which could be a school-issued iPad (grades 5-12) or a personal computer, so students can access their online learning resources simultaneously.
If students are unable to log into these resources from home, please let their teachers, advisors or our technology team (email@example.com) know so we may assist.
Matt Mele, Computer Systems and Desktop Support
P.S. -- A good example of how our faculty and staff are adapting to how they will communicate with students for the time being is this brief message to all juniors recorded today by our college counselors!