Dear Friends in Christ,
We are continuing to experience a significant rise in COVID-19 infections in our local community, including several staff members at Good Shepherd Church. Jupiter Medical Center is currently experiencing a surge in COVID-19 patients and has once again implemented a temporary moratorium on visitation until further notice. Although we are grateful that that omicron variant appears to cause less severe illness and results in far fewer hospitalizations, the extremely high transmissibility of the virus remains an ongoing concern. Therefore, effectively immediately the following temporary COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be going to effect:
· Masks will be required in all our buildings for the next two weeks. At that time, the mask requirement will be reassessed based on current health metrics.
· Congregational singing will be suspended for the next two weeks.
· If you have any flu or cold-like symptoms, please stay home.
· If you are in a high-risk category or have any pre-existing conditions, please consider participating in worship via Live-Stream until infection rates begin to decrease.
If you are not comfortable attending worship in-person, please consider the following options:
· Live-Stream: Our 10:00 AM service is Live-Streamed every Sunday and can be accessed through our church website – www.goodsheponline.org
· Church on the Green: On the second and fourth Sunday of each month, we hold an outdoor service on the field adjacent to our Parish Hall. The service begins at 5:00 PM and includes Holy Communion. Feel free to bring your own lawn-chair. Folding chairs are also available.
Thank you for your patience. We are choosing to exercise caution in order to ensure the safety and well-being of all our members. Be safe and may God bless you always!