MIFFS is dedicated to supporting the many faces of farming, particularly our beginning and historically underserved farmers. As a statewide nonprofit, MIFFS has been connecting farmers to resources and opportunities since 1998. With each project, program, and activity, we endeavor to build a food system that is stronger and healthier for our families and communities, based on fair prices, established through local relationships, and committed to environmentally-friendly practices.
MIFFS Guiding Principals include:
- Valuing the land & people connections
- Advocating for the use of good science & cultural knowledge
- Demonstrating risk taking & relentless persistence
- Requiring listening & teamwork
- Nurturing creativity
Your contribution helps support:
- MIFFS' flagship events, Meet the Buyers and the Michigan Family Farms Conference
- Farm Development Centers (FDC): Tilian FDC in Ann Arbor Township and Women-in-Ag FDC at Genesys Hospital in Grand Blanc
- Farmer Networks: Michigan Beginning and Underserved Farmers, Vets-in-Ag, Women-in-Ag, and Red de Productores Hispanos, all statewide
- A wide range of workshops covering food safety, conservation practices, USDA program navigation, and other technical assistance
MIFFS is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, and your donation is fully tax-deductible. Consistent with IRS guidelines, MIFFS affirms that goods or services of only insignificant value have been provided to you. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records. Please contact us at email@example.com or (517) 709-8271 if you have any questions or would like to talk more about our work.
Thank you again for your support!