POA Bills. Of the 37 POA-pertinent bills in Report #5:
1 (Chicken Bill) has been approved by Chamber 1 - status #4
7 are out of Committee in Chamber 1 - status #3
4 had hearings and are pending in Chamber 1 Committee - status #2
3 are being heard this week in a Chamber 1 committee - status #1
22 have been assigned to Committees in Chamber 1 - status #1
April 10th is the 91st day of the 140 day Session - the 2/3rds mark. The final 49 days are the most interesting - and frightening - as the pace picks up in a mad dash for the finish line. There is still time for any bill - even the POA Omnibus Bills - to become law.
Hearings. 4,300 bills have not yet been scheduled for a public hearing, which is the first step in becoming law. That's 65% of the 6,567 bills filed in the House and Senate. On the other hand, 2,267 bills (35%) are seeing action.