FLOOR DEBATE STARTS ON MONDAY, 3-15-21
1. “The British are coming! The British are coming!”
This rallying cry united our founding fathers and mothers to prepare for battle. Currently, out equivalent rallying cry is: “Floor Debate is Coming…Floor Debate is Coming!” Full day floor debate starts 3-15-21. We NFFV members need to be prepared.
2. Item 7a “Committee Hearings” on our NFFV Legislative Flowchart is the #1 area in the entire flowchart where we citizens of the Second House can wield the greatest input through our in-person testimony OR Support or opposition emails. KUDOS to all of you who collectively emailed hundreds if not thousands of support or opposition letters by the 12-noon CST deadlines! Over a dozen of our conservative senators shared their deep appreciation for all the citizen inputs that they received from conservative voters on so many important legislative bills or resolutions.
3. PRIORITY BILL DESIGNATION
This designation deadline is close of business Friday, 3-12-21. Note that 102 legislative bills will receive priority status as follows:
49 LBs, one from each senator
28 LBs, two from each of the 14 Standing Committees
25 LBs, all from the Speaker, Senator Mike Hilgers
102 LBs TOTAL
4. NFFV LEADERS WILL ANALYZE THE 102 PRIORITY BILLS
A handful will be bills which will match with some of our NFFV TOP 25 LBs and LRs list.
An estimated 60 of the bills will be involved with appropriations or other items which are not part of our NFFV wheelhouse. So, the rest can be bills that NFFV leaders will request your assistance to support or oppose during floor debate. Our plan is to email you an initial action list by early next week in a subsequent Minuteman Alert.
5. NEW HEALTH EDUCATION STANDARDS FROM NEBR DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
A tornado storm cloud photo was introduced on 2-26-21 during testimony supporting LB282, Repeal the Obscenity Exemption K-12. It was a warning that curricula containing sexually explicit curricula in grades K-12 had taken root in east coast and west coast public schools and was headed towards our precious Nebraska children and grandchildren. Yesterday, we received notice from several of you that the Nebraska Department of Education had released their draft new Health Ed standards & was asking for parents feedback about them. Watch for a Minuteman Alert early next week with initial analysis and information for you to flood them with feedback.
Thank you from NFFV Leaders by Mark Bonkiewicz