As Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens ends the
2018-19 Season of Art in the Gardens
for your extraordinary support.
This season, 30,000 visitors experienced the magic of the Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens with exceptional art exhibitions, the beauty of the Gardens, creative fundraising events, and the expansion of innovative and inspiring programming for children and adults.
On behalf of the ANSG Board of Trustees and staff, we express our heartfelt gratitude for your valuable support and its profound impact on our growth and success.
Highlights of the
Season of Art in the Gardens
- Four new trustees were added to the board of trustees.
- ANSG welcomed a dynamic new CEO in Cynthia Kanai.
- Ann Norton was inducted in the Florida Artists Hall of Fame.
- ANSG was welcomed as a new member of the Historic Artists’ Homes and Studios Program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- New wheelchair and stroller accessible pathways welcomed visitors along the newly named Tranquility Stroll through the Gardens.
- A complete garden revitalization project was realized following Hurricane Irma which highlights the rare species in the collection and added many new native species.
- In the last two years, six of Ann Norton’s nine monumental sculptures have been restored. Three of the nine monumental sculptures remain in need of conservation with preservation planned as funding is secured next season.
- The Environmental Classroom debuted in a naturally shaded area for programming and meetings.
- A distinguished north entrance to the property replaced a chain link fence.
- The addition of a garden water feature in an underutilized space was created along with refurbishment of the meditation and reflection pools.
- ANSG welcomed a new Director of Education and Programming accompanied by the expansion of educational programming to serve 10,000 students in the Gardens (7,500 Title 1 students).
- Thirteen new benches were added for visitor enjoyment with naming opportunities available.
- Membership has increased more than 250%.
- Visitors have increased 75%.
- A strategic focus on social media has resulted in metrics of just over 2 million views and an estimated advertising value equivalency of just over $2 million.