1. Stay Up to Date With COVID-19 Vaccines
2. Traveling for the Holidays?
· Prepare your car for the winter and keep an emergency kit with you
· Get a good night’s sleep
· Be sure everyone has their seatbelt's on
· Put the phone down
3. Decorate Safely
· Keep potentially poisonous plants mistletoe, holly berries, Jerusalem cherry, and amaryllis – away from children.
· Only use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outdoors and choose the right ladder for the task when hanging lights.
· Replace light sets that have broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections.
· Avoid placing breakable ornaments or ones with small, detachable parts on lower tree branches where small children can reach them.
4. Watch Out for Fire-Starters
· Place candles where they cannot be knocked down or blown over and out of reach of children
· Always use a screen on the fireplace when a fire is burning
· Turkey fryers- Be alert to the dangers when frying the turkey
· Check and clean the chimney and fireplaces area at least once a year
5. Food Poisoning is No Joke
· Wash your hand, frequently when handling food
· Keep raw meat away from other foods
· Use separate cutting boards
· Use a food thermometer to make sure everything is cooked to a safe temperature
6. It's Better to Give Safely
· Choose toys for children under 3 that do not have small parts which could be choking hazards
· Be cautious about toys that have button batteries or magnets
· When giving scooters or other riding toys be sure to also give them safety gear as well