Find out about becoming a catechist
We strongly urge you to consider becoming a catechist or assistant for the coming year.
We have openings in first and third grades, as well as an opening for an assistant in eighth grade.
What do you receive from being a catechist?
- Wit. One of the best things about kids is that they are funny and they will let know it. (Of course, you already know that.)
- Keep your own wits sharp. You might get a work out, but you'll feel good about it. (You might know this, too.)
- Learning more about your faith. There is no better way to uncover what you really believe and what the church teaches than to try to explain it to an inquisitive kid.
- Support. We won't send you in there without some training, opportunities for continuing formation and good materials and ideas to get you started.
- Compensation. Besides the fun and challenge, catechists receive the first $300 off their tuition.
All the catechists in the program have given their time and talent to teach your children as volunteers. Becoming a catechist yourself is a wonderful way to give back.