1) Packet Pickup Schedule
Saturday, October 27 at The Running Shop, 3055 North Campbell Avenue
10:00 - 1:00 Race Registration and Packet Pick up at The Running Shop
YES: it will be crowded, so please be nice and be patient.
YES: we have unisex and women's sizing.
YES: please be patient with your fellow runners and please be nice to the volunteers and the Running Shop staff.
NO: you cannot pick up your finisher's medal before finishing the race.
Sunday, October 28: Race Morning at start/finish area, Jacome Plaza, 115 North Church
5:20 am Final in-person registration and packet pick-up begins -- same yes and no applies!
2) Race Day Schedule
5:20 am Begin packet pick-up
-- ending 15 minutes before each of the race events. NOTE: Early Half-Marathon Start is at 5:45 and TMC Half start is at 6:30, so be sure you allow time to get your stuff
5:45 Early Start
If you think it will take you more than 3 hours to do the half-marathon, we ask that you do the early start. Sunday is due to be especially hot and we want you to be safe.
The early start will help ensure your personal safety as the day heats up, as well as help the ambulance units, police, and volunteers who are tasked with making sure you stay safe.
* Check in for the early start is at the starting line at Church and Pennington -- please check in with timer before the race
*Early starters 65+ are eligible for age-group awards and Grand Prix Points, but early starters under 65 are not eligible for age group awards, Grand Prix points, or prize money.)
6:30 am Official TMC Half-Marathon Start
- VitaCoco will provide cold Coconut Water protein recovery drinks to all finishers
- Gatorade will be available, too
- Tucson Medical Center will host a sponsor tent with snack food
- The Running Shop and others will host sponsor tents, as well
- 2-EE The Clown will be foolin' around with balloons and face-painting, while Cox Charities will host a jumping castle for the kiddos.
- Race beneficiary Team Hoyt will provide free coffee each morning.
- Some of the race director's University of Arizona students at the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship will be on hand to talk about their new business ventures. A few of the student teams are seeking feedback from runners and walkers on their venture ideas, so please stop by and talk with them!
8:00 am Official Tucson Lifestyle 5k Run/Walk Start
9:00 am Cox Charities Costume Mile and FitKidz Free One Mile
for children under 12 years old. All FitKidz receive a 2017 TMC Get Moving medallion and receive SAR goodies
9:30 or so, at the Main Stage: Awards Ceremonies and Charity Giv
e -- be on hand to celebrate Team Hoyt Arizona, the Southern Arizona Roadrunners, Watershed Management, Presidio san Agustin del Tucson, the BEYOND-Tucson Foundation -- courtesy of Cox Charities and TMC
Course Closure Times
(These are the tentative closure times, with final details to be determined by Tucson Police Department on event day as the situation warrants)
9:00 am 10 mile mark at Santa Cruz River Path near Starr Pass - please start early if you are worried about this!
10:00 Mile 12: All TMC Half-Marathon participants routed to sidewalk or picked up by sag vehicle, depending on TPD decision for safety of participants
10:30 Timing at Finish Line Closes
11:00 Breakdown of Event Site
3) Medals and Awards
You must finish the 5k or the half-marathon to receive the special TMC Get Moving commemorative medallion, crafted by industry-leader Ashworth Awards.
RRCA State Championship Awards
Special RRCA Championship medallions will be awarded to the top male and female in the following categories: Open, 40+, 50+, and 60+
The 2018 Half-Marathon Prize Money Structure
* $100 to first overall male and $100 to first overall female; $50 to top overall Master's (Over-40) male and female
* $200 to the top 5 males who break 1:13 and to the top 5 females who break 1:26
* $500 for course records. Current course records are Scott Smith's 1:06:23 (2012) and Jennifer Bergman's 1:19:44 (2015)
* $50 to first male and female member of the Southern Arizona Roadrunners
* $100 to first man and woman at the preem (men must finish in under 1:30, women in under 1:45)
- Headphones are not allowed in prize money competition; prize money will not be given to runners wearing headphones
- All runners must pass the multiple timing mats on the course. Runners not passing the multiple mats will be disqualified and removed from prize consideration
- Prize money awards are based on "gun" starting time for overall and masters, and chip time for age group.
- Runners who break the course record will receive $500, but not the additional $200
2018 Age Group Awards for both 5k and Half-Marathon courtesy of the Running Shop
Prize money awards are based on "gun" starting time for overall and masters, and chip time for age group.
Overall 1: Cash + commemorative mug
Overall 2, 3: $40, $30 gift cert to the Running Shop + commemorative mug
Masters 1: Cash + commemorative mug
AG 1: $20 gift cert to Running Shop + commemorative mug
AG 2: $15 gift cert to Running Shop + commemorative mug
AG 3: commemorative mug
Tucson Lifestyle 5K Run/Walk
Overall 1, 2, 3: $30, $25, $20 gc to Running Shop + commemorative mug
Masters 1: $20 gc to Running Shop + commemorative mug
AG 1: commemorative mug