Letter from Fr Joseph:
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Jesus,
Welcome to Thanksgiving
Each year our Harvest celebration begins long before the big day of
the main event (November 12, 2023).
It kicks off with the rich tradition of our weekly Family Thanksgiving Offerings.
These offerings are an essential way to cultivate an attitude of gratitude to God, through telling family and friends “Come with me to the Eucharist to give thanks to the Lord for all He has done for me/my family.”
Thanksgiving Offering. I encourage you to be courageous in this gentle but very effective form of evangelization.
I also want to give you some tools for this holy work.
About 10%-20% of our Harvest funds come from our family offerings, but the possibility of bringing someone from “outside” to be someone “inside”; into a life-changing encounter with Jesus and his Church, makes the Family Thanksgiving Offerings a 100% windfall for the Kingdom of God.
So, we want to guide you in making your Family
Thanksgiving Offering a sweet harvest of
souls unto God – one person at a time.
Let’s go through the steps on how to do this:
1. Pray and choose a date for your thanksgiving offering.
2. Invite everyone to your family offering day: family & friends, neighbors, co-workers, your doctors, mechanics – everyone.
In the Family Thanksgiving packet are invitation letters for your guests. See here. Please include a personal note from you before handing them out or mailing them. We will be posting soon the digital version of this invitation with which to invite everyone on WhatsApp, Facebook, email, etc.
3. Also in this packet you will find a Gratitude Card where you can list all blessings you have received from the Lord this year, for which you are grateful. See here. You can present this Gratitude Card along with whatever you are presenting during your Family Harvest Offering.
4. Ask the Lord: “Lord, show me the
financial offering You are asking me to make
at this time.
5. Pray and ask the Lord to put in your heart specific people He would like you invite.
6. After the Mass, invite your guests to come down stairs for coffee, tea and donuts. If you’d like, we can reserve a table downstairs for your guests with your name on it.
Thank you for making this Family
Thanksgiving Offering fruitful in every way!
In Jesus thru Mary & St Joseph,