Click here to watch last Sunday's message:
Message Title: “Ministers On A Mission”
… you are priests of the King, you are holy and pure, you are God’s very own – all this so that you may show to others how God called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. – 1 Peter 2:9, LB
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus ... – Colossians 3:17a, NIV
But God in his grace chose me even before I was born, and called me to serve him. – Galatians 1:15, GNT
Great Moments In Ministry:
1. My life has more joy.
My life is being poured out as a part of the sacrifice and service I offer to God for your faith. Yet, I am filled with joy, and I share that joy with all of you. – Philippians 2:17, GW
2. My relationships improve.
Pride only leads to arguments … – Proverbs 13:10, NCV
3. My life is meaningful.
Always give yourselves completely to the work of the Lord. Because you belong to the Lord, you know that your work is not worthless. – 1 Corinthians 15:58b, NIrV
4. My life is a legacy.
If you want to be great, you must be the servant of all the others. – Matthew 20:26b, CEV
This week we focus on our calling to bless others through serving. Every follower of Christ is called to serve or minister. Even the most menial task becomes meaningful when we perform it for God.
1. Read 1 Peter 4:10. God has given you gifts and abilities, unique to only you, so that you can serve others and glorify Him. What is one way you would like to utilize who God has created you to be to help others this week? Who do you think will receive greater joy, the one you helped or you?
2. Read Matthew 20:28. Think of the most difficult person you regularly encounter in your life. What do you think would happen in your relationship with them if you were to intentionally serve them in some way? How do you think that would affect your relationship with them? How would your unselfish actions make you feel about that person and about yourself?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 15:58. How can your effectiveness in ministry change by knowing you were created to do good works?
4. Read Matthew 20:26. Maybe write down ways to model Christ’s servant attitude. Complete the list by including actions you can take to bless someone during the week.
5. Think of ways you might serve others during the holidays. Or how can your family reach out to someone or another family to be a blessing in a way only your family can.
6. What changes do you need to make in order to be a good servant for the Lord? How would those changes impact your legacy?
Memory Verse: But God in his grace chose me even before I was born, and called me to serve him. – Galatians 1:15, GNT