: First, please join us in offering a special thank you to our race sponsors for making this possible:
- Tucson Medical Center: TMC has been a long-time supporter of the fitness community. Check out their new program, TMC NOW. The TMC Now app gives you 24/7 access to physicians that are licensed to practice in Arizona through the convenience of phone, video, or mobile app visits. It's an affordable option for quality medical care. See https://www.tmcaz.com/tmc-now.
- The Running Shop at 3055 North Campbell has been a friend of the Tucson running community for over 30 years.
- Life Aligned Wellness Center: Dr. Lee Ann Kalaba of Life Aligned Wellness Center came out and provided hands-on activities.
- KGUN's Morning Blend: Always available for guest bookings highlighting the Tucson community.
- AMR: Thanks to AMR for providing an ambulance for medical care -- fortunately, they reported no major needs on race day, only some cactus removal . . .
The men’s race was won by the Air Force’s Matt Dorsey, in a time of 20:34. He was chased to the line by Jeffrey Gehring, who has finished in 20:44, gathering second place for the second year in a row. Third place went to WOG's Zach Smalls in 21:48. First male master runner was Dave Dixon, WOGGER and SAR Board Member, who completed the circuit in 23:28. (Dave may have had an advantage as he spent part of Saturday afternoon volunteering with his loppers, cutting back the cactus from the race course!)
The women’s race was won for the second year in a row by 30-year-old Caroline Mosely in 24:29, 30 seconds faster than last year. Mosely was followed by Tia Accetta and Ausie Ainsley Paljina. All three runners train with The Workout Group, so it was a clean sweep for the WOG Ladies. First place in the women's master's division was Sharon Silvas, running for TRP.
If you won an age group award but were not able to attend the awards ceremony, please visit The Running Shop (3055 North Campbell) by the end of March, 2020 to pick up your Running Shop gift certificate.
If you think there is a mistake in the timing please contact
the timer or Randy the race director at
We have taken the few remaining leftover shirts and medallions to The Running Shop. Most of the sizes remaining are women's, but please feel free to swing by 3055 North Campbell by the end of February to pick up any remainders.
We are always grateful to Sharon Bart and the gang at The Running Shop for supporting local running – so if you get a chance, take a moment to look for some cool running things to buy!
Photos and Hashtags
If you want to create your own race report, please tag us at
. Helpful hashtags are #RunTucson #RunSAR #HorsePoopAlley #SunriseatOldTucson #OldTucsonTrailRun
As you know, we cannot do these events without a ton of help. Here’s at least a partial listing of the crew that did all the heavy lifting, the t-shirt-handing-out, the medal-handing-out, and the course marking, and the course-directing:
The gang from Boy Scouts Troop 431 helped direct runners on the course – it’s been a number of years that they’ve camped out the night before – thanks so much!
Dave Dixon - SAR Board member
Sheryl Felde - SAR Board member
Steve Felde - SAR Board member
Caroline Gardner - SAR Board member
Denise Gizinski - SAR Board member
Heather Hopkins - SAR Board member
Justine Kanuho - SAR Board member
Catherine Langham - Meet Me at Maynard