- 7 large peaches, pit removed and sliced (about 7 c.)
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof skillet, toss peaches with 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Place skillet on a large rimmed baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter (or your hands), incorporate butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Add oats and squeeze mixture with your hands until big, moist clumps form.
Scatter oat mixture on top of peaches and bake until peaches are bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 hour.
Let cool 10 minutes before serving with ice cream.