It's been a long recovery, but we're almost there: the Additional Recyclables Collection Center is reopening on Monday, November 27th!
We're looking forward to welcoming our community back into the facility. Stop by and visit us during our reopening week (November 27 - December 1) to receive $1.50 off of your total!
As a reminder, the ARCC is located at 540 North Main Street in Barre, and it will be open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:30am - 5:30pm (closed from 1 - 2pm for lunch) and every third Saturday of the month from 9am - 1pm.
Please note that the list of items we will be accepting has changed. Due to various factors such as capacity, staff time, and the lack of a current market for certain materials, we have made the difficult decision to prioritize the collection of items that are most important to divert from the landfill. These items include:
- Batteries (household - up to 11 lb. and 300Wh, automotive, lead acid)
- Computers and computer peripherals (monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, speakers, routers)
- Damaged & Swollen Lithium-Ion Batteries (up to 11lb or 300Wh)
- Documents for shredding
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- Food scraps and cooking oil
- Mercury thermostats and other mercury devices
- Non-wooden stereo speakers
- PCB ballasts (removed from fixtures)
- Plastic film
- Propane tanks
- Paints, stains, and sealers (household)
- Scrap metal (up to 4 ft)
- Smoke alarms
- Vacuums (upright)
Although you can no longer bring other previously accepted items to the ARCC, there may still be special recycling options for some of these materials. For a complete guide on how to dispose of the ARCC items that have been discontinued, please visit our Discontinued ARCC Items Disposal Guide on our website.
Check out the ARCC page on our website for more information about our hours, accepted items, and fees!