Job Search Services from the Disability Employment Specialists
CareerSource Florida, the state’s workforce policy and investment board, is committed to disability employment. Each of CareerSource Florida’s 100 career centers includes at least one disability employment specialist who can provide individuals with disabilities access to high-quality workforce services and prepare them for competitive integrated employment.
CareerSource Florida’s Ticket to Work Program serves customers with disabilities receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Our disability employment specialists have received additional training on various types of assistive technology, such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, Jaws, ZoomText and more, to better assist customers to achieve their employment goals. In addition, we provide the following services to customers with disabilities:
Job readiness skills.
- Individual Work Plan development.
- Referrals and job placement assistance.
- Benefits planning support, which helps customers understand the impact of work on their benefits such as cash, medical, housing, personal care services and food benefits.
- Technical assistance on the use of assistive technology in the career centers.
- Follow-up services once employment is obtained.
Take the next step on your career path by visiting your local CareerSource Florida career center. Find your local team by heading to careersourceflorida.com/career-services.