Door prop alarms are designed to sound an alert when a door is left open longer than intended for normal use. These products are not intended to be an alarm that is used as for traditional security reasons, as they reset as soon as the opening is closed. But, they are used as an alert when a door remains open longer than is intended for normal use.
There are many applications that door prop alarms are used on, and some people have been quite creative with the applications that the prop alarms are used for. Some applications are: stock rooms, doors used for employee breaks, refrigeration units, delivery doors, medication storage rooms, and many more.
- Economical alternative to more expensive systems
- Effective reminder to keep doors closed/secured
- Resets as soon as the opening is closed
- Typically have a small footprint
- Can be custom set to accommodate specific needs
- Available in battery and hardwire versions
- Stand alone and not tied into a security system
- Alerts only when the door is open longer than programmed