Have you ever felt a shock in your mouth or between your teeth caused by a metal spoon or biting on a piece of tin foil? If you answer, yes; you may have experienced a Galvanic Charge! Galvanic currents is a term that has been used in dentistry for over 100 years.
A Galvanic Charge is created by dissimilar metals in your restorations, like mercury fillings, gold crowns or crowns with a metal base with porcelain fused to it and removable partial dentures with a metal frame, in your oral cavity with teeth, gums, tongue and saliva serving as an electrolyte.
Electrons are released from your restorations floating in your saliva and binding onto another restoration or being swallowed into your digestive system. You have created a battery in your mouth!
Please watch our "Treating Galvanic Charge
" video to see how we can help, and why we practice metal free dentistry.