The Bridge: Special Edition
        
                          March 24, 2017        
      
 
St. Mark's Staff
Pastors
Phil Rue, Visitation
Staff
Ingelaurie Lisher, Youth and Family
Music Ministry
Contemporary Music Ministry
Manager of Finance and Operations
Office Manager
 
       Contact Us  
St. Mark's Lutheran Church by The Narrows

6730 N. 17th St.
Tacoma, WA 98406

Office: 253-752-4966
Preschool: 253-752-4929
Join our mailing list.
BLESSING IN ABUNDANCE: LET'S BE UNCONVENTIONAL!

We hope that all of you have received your latest Stewardship packet which includes a Commitment Card that we are asking you to bring to church this Sunday, March 26. If you misplaced your packet, you can read the materials and download a Commitment Card at this link: http://www.smlutheran.org/blessing-in-abundance-campaign 

You can also watch our very informative video about the Blessing in Abundance capital appeal, narrated by a Sunday School student at St. Mark's, by clicking on this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pKv-HxGGgVS3lYMDZsOW52Z2M/view?usp=sharing.
 
We announced in worship last week that almost $800,000 (including a $100,000 bequest) has already been given and pledged to the Blessing in Abundance capital appeal by congregational members who were asked to take the lead in this endeavor. Since our goal is $1 million, that means we are already 80% there. You may have heard the conventional wisdom which says that 80% of an organization's time, talent and treasure will typically come from 20% of its members. If that is true, then we are on track to meet our goal.  But, as we have already seen, St. Mark's does not always follow convention. As an example, the $800,000 in lead gifts and pledges has come from about 10% of our households. That means we would meet our goal if the other 90% gave or pledged a total of $200,000.
 
But what if we were unconventional on this side as well? What if we gave to the Blessing in Abundance appeal in the same proportion that we give our time and talent at St. Mark's, which never follows conventional wisdom of 80/20? If that happens, we will exceed our capital appeal goal and make an even bigger impact on ministry in our congregation and in the community. Wherever this leads, we know that God has already blessed us beyond measure, and we are grateful for every gift that is given in response to that generosity.