Men are starting to admit that they don’t like certain aspects of aging any more than women do. It doesn’t matter if a man is in his thirties or in his sixties, we are commonly hearing that there is very little tolerance for problems like worry lines and frown lines. Statistics back this up, too, indicating that more than 450,000 men are now getting Botox, aka “Brotox,” each year. Here, we take a look at some of the details of the bromance men are enjoying with
The Variance is Wide
Doctors who routinely perform Botox treatments for men report that the age range for patients extends from the mid-thirties to the mid-sixties. Additionally, it is reported that men of all ethnic backgrounds and social demographics are interested in routine Botox treatments. Most men who seek this wrinkle-reducing treatment do so because they want to reduce frown lines and other wrinkles around the eyes.
It’s a Competitive Thing
Men have a longstanding reputation as being rather competitive by nature. We can see this at work in the common reasons men obtain Botox as an anti-aging treatment. There is no denying that we live in a youth-obsessed time in history (have we ever not?). As a youth-obsessed society, there is a tendency for older men to feel concerned about their value in the workplace. Maybe we should say that they know their value, but that they realize the role their facial aesthetic plays in portraying that. Simply put, older men have to maintain competitiveness with the younger generation in the professional realm as well as the social realm.
It’s a Bandwagon & We’re on Board
The fact is, more men are open to and about their interest and use of anti-aging modalities. Botox is one of many avenues men are taking to look and feel their best. And why shouldn’t they? Women have been benefitting from cosmetic procedures for decades!
Botox is a valuable tool for men who want to take control of their aging face. If you’re interested in this treatment but haven’t jumped on the bandwagon just yet, we suspect it’s due to a few questions or misperceptions. Know that:
- Botox injections do not hurt. However, we can apply topical numbing cream to make your treatment completely comfortable.
- Results are not immediate; they will occur gradually over 2 weeks.
- Your face will not be frozen. We are experienced in the use of Botox and know how much product is necessary to achieve the intended goal.
- You should postpone your workout. For Botox to gain maximum efficiency, it’s best to avoid strenuous activity until the day after treatment.
- It doesn’t have to end with Botox. Many men are concerned about fatty tissue under the chin. Botox may not fix this, but Kybella can.
The team in our Sarasota dermatology office would be happy to speak with you about Botox.
Schedule your visit
at (941) 379-6647.