Last updated: March 18
, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Iowa Heartland Habitat has the health and safety of our entire community set at our highest priority. We are following guidanc
e from Habitat for Humanity International
and local, state and national public health authorities
to do our part in slowing the virus and to ensure that staff, clients, volunteers, supporters, and all of our neighbors stay safe and healthy.
We are doing the following to prioritize community health
- Implementing a "no contact" policy (e.g. handshakes, hugs, high fives, etc.)
- Limiting large group gatherings greater than 10 people.
- Enhancing cleaning and sanitizing at all of our facilities and sites.
- Adapting our work to prioritize community health.
- Requiring any employee or volunteer that is feeling ill to stay home.
As of today, March 18
- Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity's office will be closed to the public. We will not be taking any drop-in visits. If you need to contact us, please give us a call at (319) 235- 9946.
- At this time our Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Hammond Avenue in Waterloo remains open for business. We are still taking donations, serving customers, and accepting volunteers.
- We are continuing to build at our construction sites with the help of our volunteers.
If you are sick, please stay home for your own well-being and to mitigate the spread of illness to other community members such as customers, staff, and volunteers.